Afro samurai work in progress

hello there, I’m making an afro samurai fanart,
it still lacks some things like the headband.
but any criticism and welcome.

17 Likes

bro im gonna cry this is fantastic

1 Like

I think there’s simply “too much hair,” and the way that his hair seems to fade away at the top of the frame just seems wrong to me.

I’d grab my “trusty cropping tools” and slice-off the top of the frame at about the bottom of the second row of icons. I think you could afford to cut-off some stuff at he bottom, too … around the bottom of the fold on his left sleeve. Then, make sure that we have catch-light in both eyes, lest the his-right side of his face be too dark. The thing that should first grab the viewer’s attention is his eyes.

1 Like

Thank you so much

hoo thank you very much for the feedback, i will make another render with your tips
Thankss

I’m not sure if I agree about the hair. That’s always how it read to me in the show.

Buuut maybe the background is betraying it a bit.

hope you ain’t listen to that guy about there being too much hair. afros afro was huge so def gotta go in with that. the only thing i can think is maybe afro was a little slimmer but overall this is tight man. thats dope
talent

def Sho’nuff vibes!! :slight_smile:

looks awesome. If I could fav twice I would

Cool stuff, natan. :smiley: Love the proportions, really nothing to add that hasn’t been mentioned, looking forward to updates.