AI with 'track to' directional problem

Hi,
I have created a simple pig racing game with a level and currently i am trying to make other pigs to race agaisnt using the ‘track to’ node system, however instead of moving forwards snout first the pig will rotate 90degrees on the z and then 90 on the x instantly and move towards the box with i have set up for it to track to.
Also just to note the pig has an armature with a walkcycle.
So i thought that perhaps it thinks that the pigs back is its ‘front’ hence why the pig would rotate so that it goes back first. I tried rotating my armature and pig in object and edit mode and no luck because while rotating it in edit mode works but it means my walkcycle seems to mess up in directions which is understandable, so i don’t really want to have to redo my walkcycle i was wondering if there is a way to change where blender thinks the ‘front’ of the pig.
Also another thing to note is that i have also tried different motion actuator set ups with no luck.

Hi,
I have created a simple pig racing game with a level and currently i am trying to make other pigs to race agaisnt using the ‘track to’ node system, however instead of moving forwards snout first the pig will rotate 90degrees on the z and then 90 on the x instantly and move towards the box with i have set up for it to track to.
Also just to note the pig has an armature with a walkcycle.
So i thought that perhaps it thinks that the pigs back is its ‘front’ hence why the pig would rotate so that it goes back first. I tried rotating my armature and pig in object and edit mode and no luck because while rotating it in edit mode works but it means my walkcycle seems to mess up in directions which is understandable, so i don’t really want to have to redo my walkcycle i was wondering if there is a way to change where blender thinks the ‘front’ of the pig.
Also another thing to note is that i have also tried different motion actuator set ups with no luck.

Maybe best to parent the pig to another object, say a cube that you can make invisible. Use the cube to do the tracking. Then orient your pig how you need.

Thanks it worked!. :slight_smile: