Alchemist

Hello!
I found this nice concept art of a young alchemist created by Tori on Artstation, I wanted an excuse to try a trickier hairstyle so this was the main goal with this project while recreating it in 3D.
You can find the concept here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v1e8ZO
For the hair I used a mix of the regular hair particles and the newer geometry nodes hair in Blender. All rendered with Blender Cycles.

Let me know what you think!

87 Likes

Wow, this is truly amazing! Wonderful attention to detail. Your use of hair and fuzz looks phenomenal.

1 Like

I don’t even want to know how many polygons are there. Great work.

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Terrific work!
Would you like to share further details about this project?

1 Like

Thank you!
Do you mean a behind the scenes? Or are you wondering about something specific in the image?

1 Like

Mostly like a brief about the making process,
whether u used a certain software for clothes, and also for texturing I wonder
And what about the polycount before retopo?
Adding some details like these to a project makes it super interesting to read!
also how long has it taken from you :grin: :grin:
And thanks for replying ofc~

1 Like

Brilliant!

1 Like

Excellent work, beautiful model and clothes

1 Like

I understand. :slight_smile:
Could be fun to write up a behind the scenes article, there’s just a bit much going on now though. So something for later perhaps!
Regarding how long it took, it’s hard to say exactly since I worked on several projects at the same time. Sometimes I have to pause it to take care of other things in life as well. Between 1-2 months probably? When it comes to personal projects I like it to be fun and to get a chance to learn new things, so I take my time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty awesome Mikael !
Thank you for sharing, and keep up the good work!~

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Great cloth design and great materials.

1 Like

Nice work. I think I’d be more impressed if somewhere in one of those leather pockets was the curling iron for her hair. :grinning:

1 Like