Alfa Romeo driving simulator

This is a simulator i’ve been working on for the last year.
After lot of experiments and hours of programming the car is stable, it goes on uneven terrain without problems, it drifts well, it doesn’t “fly” around and interacts very well with the environment.

I used this grass glsl shader for grass and i modified it to display trees.

[Procedural Grass Geometry Shader [GLSL 4.0 v.3 && GLSL 1.5 v.2] AMD fully supported! - #14 by adriansnetlis]

The main issue though is the trees shader …
Collision is not the problem but casting shadows is!
Is there a way to cast shadows or can you recommend me another geometry glsl shader?

//The plate is black because Upbge is put to death…
But i will continue using it because it is much more unique and creative than other engines.

5 Likes

Nice job. the sound needs to be fixed though. it’s clicking.

I really dig that first person view. Can you look around the car while speeding?

The sound samples are in .wav format. Needs to be changed to mp3 and hopefully it will stop clicking, although it doesn’t click on embedded player…

It will be done with the right thumbstick of the controller. Thanks for mentioning this.

Are you putting any damage since its simulator?

Overall iam super impressed but you have to work on your drifting physics alit its a simulator and so the key is to create Realism. (Thats a role of a simulator)

Your Game Looks Amazing and feels amazing i cant wait until BETA or Alpha !!!
Keep it up and i’ll keep Track of this project so that i stay more inspired in my Racing game as well.

GRAPHICALLY its one of the best ive ever seen on UPBGE woow you bleww my eyes 1st time i saw the game. (Also nice use of chromatic aberration)
Fred/K.S

Thanks for your positive feedback, this encourages me more to continue.
Every day i try to improve the drifting physics, its not easy especially in blender as everything is done only with python (and hacks!).
I owned this car for 12 years and i know what to do but its more complicated than i first thought!

The key to successful drifting is that the car origin point has to be in the middle of the front wheels and not at the center. If you watch a video of a RWD car drifting, you will understand…
But this is causing tons of problems with the vehicle simulation, most of them are gone but it still needs work…

Damage, engine overheating, fuel consumption and tire wearing will be added soon.
Right now, i am working on PBR materials as a break from python!
I will soon post an update and maybe a drivable demo.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Wow nice revalation!
Alright well im Looking forward to the update :slightly_smiling_face:

Fred/K.S