Alien Containment Lab

I have been working on this for a while now… So meet Barry and Larry.

Here is a viewport screenshot:

I also sculpted the alien myself. As weid as it may seem, it was inspired by some random photo of a chicken without a beak.

65 Likes

Creepy… cool work!

2 Likes

wohah. I love such scifi concepts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super cool ! Well done !

2 Likes

So cool! How did you achieve the water sim/gel/air bubbles material?

2 Likes

Gonna guess they’re particles

1 Like

Great work! very nice. Got to love those names… Barry and Larry, regular, people next door kind of names, however…

1 Like

I’m glad u like it! :smiley:

The water material looks something like this:

Its something that I have previously made already and just ude it regularily whenever I need water.

As for the bubbles they are just particles. I just put particles on everything that was in the water. as well as some just floating around.

The bubbles where a bit overwhelming for my potato pc tho so I just made them appear in the render.
As for the bubble material, its just a glass shader with an IOR of 0.

2 Likes

Thanks! I thought it was very fitting. Just two aliens chillin in a vat of fluid…

1 Like

OK I’m impressed

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate it!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

These renders are fantastic! Very good work!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article for this intriguing artwork!

Please do check out this article, written by the artist himself. It describes the step-by-step process of creating the artwork and provides insight into the texturing and compositing techniques used in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

1 Like

I didn’t even know that such a thing as a photo of a chicken without beak could exist :face_with_peeking_eye::joy::joy:

1 Like

I didnt know either until I saw it… And it appears to have made a lasting impression! :laughing:

1 Like

aside of the joke the sculpting work is amazing, thrilling and creepy as it was supossed to be, brilliant!

1 Like