Align Nodes

The Align Nodes add-on allows to align and organize the nodes in any nodes editor e.g., Shader Nodes Editor, Compositing Nodes Editor, Simulation Editor, Animation Nodes Editor, Sverchok Nodes Editor.

Tutorial:

align_pie_img

snap_pie_img

Download: https://github.com/3DSinghVFX/align_nodes

Documentation: https://github.com/3DSinghVFX/align_nodes/blob/master/README.md

13 Likes

Wow, what a useful addon! Iā€™ve just played with it some minutes in Blender 2.91, works very nicely. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Great addon! Very happy Iā€™ve discovered it. Thank you for making it.

Iā€™ve been using Node Arrange that comes with Blender but itā€™s rather limiting. You addon covers many missing features Iā€™ve wanted from Node Arrange.

Iā€™m going to use your addon and will leave feadback as soon as I have some.

As of right now I would like an option to change hotkeys. The default hotkeys are ok but I would like to use something different.

Again thank for the addon. Itā€™s very useful!

1 Like

You can do that in the keymap editor under Edit/Preferences/Keymap. Set the search field to Key-Binding and search for the binding you want to change. For example, searching for Shift E gives us an entry under Node Editor called Align Pie which looks like it belongs to this addon. You can change it from there.

Remember that Blender unfortunately doesnā€™t warn us about conflicts, so better search for the new binding beforehand if itā€™s available for the node editor context.

1 Like

Youā€™re right. I can do that. Thank you for reminding me about it.

Still I would prefer it to be available in the addon preferences. Itā€™s just a request. If the author can do this it would be great.

2 Likes

Hi. As far as the Blender Standard, all addons have their shortcut available in Keymap. However, if it is possible then Iā€™ll try add that option in the addon preference.

Thanks.

Thank you for this very convenient add-on.
It should be part of the default Blender add-ons.

1 Like

Add-on version: 0.0.1
Blender version: 2.90.1

Hi. I have noticed this message in the console, right after launching Blender (default scene, just a cube):
I am trying to reproduce the error but I donā€™t know what triggered it (sorry).

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œE:\blender\2.90\scripts\addons\align_nodes-master\align_op.pyā€, line 8, in poll
tree = context.space_data.node_tree
AttributeError: ā€˜SpaceView3Dā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜node_treeā€™

Thanks for the feedback. Iā€™ll try to fix that.