Aligning rotation to tilted surface with applied rotation

Hi. I am trying to snap the base of the blade to the rotated circular plane.

My issue is that the rotated plane has the origin applied. Therefore, the blade can not “see” the mesh I want to snap on to has a tilt.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you

Hi,

isn’t it what you’re looking for?

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/167750/align-and-snap-one-object-to-a-slanted-and-rotated-other-object

No, but thank you anyways.

1 Like

I think you’d have to make use of the 3D cursors rotation. Is something like this what you’re looking for?

If you want to FIX the rotation on the circle…select it and enter orthographic mode Looks like you would need the number 1 on the keypad…
Circle with rotation applied…

Enter edit mode so you can see what you are doing, Use Grid Snapping…with rotation checked…

Rotate as needed…
repeat as needed in case it is off in another axis…
make sure to apply rotation…

Now you should be able to snap the blade to the handle…

mmm, But I want to align my mesh to the tilted circle, not fix the circle rotation.

No, doesn’t work, but thank you anyways.
I ended up solving the issue by snapping the origin of the tilted surface onto the same surface til it got aligned.

Thank you

Oh…you did say FIX so I went with that…

in that case …

I know the snap tool, but my problem was how to snap to an object whose origin was not aligned to the rotation and was applied. I imagine in your screenshot, you rotated a circle, and then you snapped to it. Your origin is consistent with the rotation. I fixed it anyways.