Alita battle angel FACE WIP

Update in Alita battle angel face.
I’m on the face painting stage.

More on Instagram

4 Likes

Looking good.

Just a heads up: There’s no need to make a new post for each update. Just reply to your existing thread with any updates you have. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh thank you! I’m new here so still don’t understand how it works :joy:

I think you’re off to a very good start - especially the for the android parts, which look perfect - but I don’t think Rosa Salazar’s upper lip is 2.5x the thickness of her lower lip, and it kind of throws off the face.

You’ve got her anime jaw right - looks like a perfect match, but it looks like her upper lip is a little thicker than her lower lip, but not by much.

I’d also look at some neck references. The base of the neck is too thick compared to the top.

I generally prefer an out-in-out neck shape like the above, but out to in at the top can be correct too, but only if it’s subtle:

Adding more volume to the trapezius so it isn’t quite so convex could help with your neck issues.

4 Likes

Maybe this will help ?

2 Likes

And this ? I hope it helps…

3 Likes

This was a really good idea. It really shows how close the likeness is on a lot of the face, as well as highlighting the few areas that are less close.

3 Likes

Thanks! - I did another with ‘grid lines’ - but it was messy…

1 Like

The focus on detail and shading is good, great work!

1 Like

Thank you for this!!! I appreciate it

1 Like

THANK YOU for the advice, I really needed this. This helped me see the flaws.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

A lil update on my Alita, the eyebrows need to be fixed so it’s not the final version but wanted to say after reading your advices I have been going back through it and making adjustments based on the advice I was given, and so far I’m so happy with how she looks rn! I pretty sure I could still fix more areas on the face specially the lips but wanted say thank you for helping me!
The support in this community is amazing. :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Great Work… I hope this helps. ( your image seems more innocent / less tough. ) maybe this is what you want. ( also the eyes are smaller? )

1 Like

WIP update

1 Like