All blender games 10th year Anniversary & Celebration (2009 - 2019+) šŸŽ‰

I think it would be more wise to only let the user find the good balance by setting screen definition (tradeoff between resolution and fps) and so you wonā€™t have to bother making 2 versions with all the complications it brings.

thereā€™s 3 constraints you have to hold all along :

• the game has to run above 60fps all the time no matter what (for some reasons, low fps renders REALLY bad on upbge , whilst for example, Tesseract game looks smooth even at 30fps) .

• Given the fact that visually upbge 0.25 games looks like 2010 games at best ā€¦ well people expect to play them on 2010 hardware ā€¦ or play the game at 300fps on their 2022 device ā€¦ If your game roofs at 25 fps , it will gives a very bad taste . Flying around the big space cruisers with that space buggy has to be very fluid to make it enjoyable.

• Your gonna want to populate your game with far far more life as it is now (open-space game) , many many characters animated , 1 million vertex , 10 light sources ā€¦ etc etc

So basically, you gonna have to make some serious stress test of your game by putting all the things that you are expecting to have in your game release . From there, you can have an idea of the scale/scope of performance you will be around with.

baking, lowpoly, fake lighting, object spawn / instance ā€¦

1 Like

Lmao, Thatā€™s a Great question!

Fred/K.S

Its all peeked out yeah and a fluid management py system that manages all that smoothly!
Its as Ambitious as it sounds bud! But its doable! Iā€™m already preparing myself on my way on itā€¦

Fred/K.S

Legacy UPBGE game, The Futureā€™s End (ported to legacy UPBGE fork, RanGE Engine), has finally been released on Steam!

Hereā€™s gameplay footage of The Futureā€™s End from a community member.

1 Like

:astonished: OMG im buying that Game A$AP!

Thks for updating the thread @RPaladin :100: truly appreciate it bud thks!

Fred/K.S

was the game executed in RanGE or UPPBGE 0.2.5?

Fred/K.S

RanGE (legacy UPBGE is dead). Itā€™s displayed as a intro/loading screen in the game.

1 Like

who are you? this cool engine. look my progress.

2 Likes

what, really?that nice, i still upbge render eevee

im impressed by upbge 0.3 now :exploding_head:

Now this is cool!
Fred/K.S

1 Like

Should Anyone Be Interested! - Learning The Blender Game Engine!

The Blender Foundation also created the Blender Institute, an animation and game studio that focuses on movie and game development using Blender. The Institute produced the movies Elephants Dream , Big Buck Bunny , Sintel , Tears of Steel , Cosmos Laundromat and the game Yo, Frankie! These projects serve two main goals: The production process is an opportunity to improve Blender in a real studio environment, and the end result also serves as an advertisement for the software itself.

Then came Blender 2.5, which changed much of how Blender looked and behaved. This refactoring, as it was called, took years of planning and coding. Blender 2.5 marks a significant milestone in the history of Blender. For users coming from the Blender 2.4x series, the entire interface looks radically different: menus items are rearranged, keyboard shortcuts are altered, even the default color scheme has changed from a boring gray to a slightly less boring shade of gray. Blender 2.5 is designed to be more intuitive, faster to use, and easier to learn than its predecessor.

Blender uses the Python programming language for scripting. With Python, you can customize the behavior of Blender, extend its functionality, and, more importantly, control the game engine. Knowing how to program is not a requirement for using Blender, but knowing Python will make you a far more capable game-maker.

About the Game Engine

Blender is a multi-faceted tool. This book will focus on one aspect of it: the game-creation process. If you are new to Blender, learning the game engine means you will pick up basic modeling, animation, and other necessary skills along the way. If you already have Blender experience, great! The skills you already know will make transitioning to the game engine much easier.

Compared to some of the commercial game engines available today, the Blender Game Engine (BGE or GE for short) is relatively simple. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. A simple platform like Blender is very easy to learn, and yet itā€™s flexible enough to do a lot.

To give you some idea of what the game engine is capable of, Chapter 10, ā€œCase Studies,ā€ is dedicated to projects that were done in the GE.

Future of BGE

One downside to writing about software is that itā€™s constantly improving. Even today, projects such as UPBGE is promising to dramatically improve the features and functionalities of the Blender Game Engine. We will try our best to keep this ebook as up-to-date as possible. What you should do as a reader, is to make sure you are always using the latest version of Blender.

Its all for the Basics! To all the Noobs out there please take time to read beautifully!

Fred/K.S

Fred/K.S

Hey, I would like to add my game to this list although it is from 2021/22. I released it on steam last year.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s Great yeah infact we should consistently post iā€™ll check it out bud thanks.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Back in 2014 I made a 4 part tutorial series for my mate Cris on creating a simple modular FPS setup in BGE using Blender 2.79. Some of it will still be relevant. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Problem with other Game Engines: (The Unreal Engine look :face_vomiting: :sneezing_face: )

@blenderaptor
This is why we are so better off using UPBGE, despite its dated limitations and lacking implementations OVER THE YEARSā€¦
This is why Iā€™m glad that i still use UPBGE and not Unreal Engine, or any other game engine for that matter apart from UPBGE.
UPBGE allows us to create our games and make them visually unique and distinct from every other game out thereā€¦

To some degree, I feel that even UPBGE Games have better appeal than GODOT Games and even some Unity Games really, the nice thing about blender is that your visual appeal and open ended visual design is limited to the skills of the designer and the developer of the project, thatā€™s why the more compelling your vision for your game and how you design and implement its visuals the more striking it will be, i wouldnā€™t be surprised to see that TBW is one of the last truly neatly appealing and well crafted Games in UPBGEā€™s History, thatā€™s not to say that anyone else wouldnā€™t be able to surpass the level Iā€™ve set for my game anything is possible and people are welcome to supersede even the levels set by TBW regarding UPBGE Game Development.

and this is perhaps why every UPBGE Game has its own personalityā€¦

The Engine does not tie us down to its own rails, unreal engine takes away alot from devā€™s to try and make their own style, everything is too generic lol.

Unity is open ended visually, and blender UPBGE is completely limitless and so open ended giving every game designer or coder the freedom to cerate whatever they want from scratch.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

New UPBGE Version Released !!! :smiley:

UPBGE 0.36

So the New 0.36 Just got released i will try this one out soon, its great to see UPBGE making use of geo nodes and simulation nodes with its game engine really incredible to see.

Screenshot (1647)
Iā€™m curious what UPBGE 0.4.0 will be like :smiley:
Iā€™m just hoping Vulkan API gets implemented and optimized well got gameplay performance in an 0.2.6a or 0.4.0

hereā€™s a game being made in 0.36

Download UPBGE 0.3.6 TODAY!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Even mobile games looks way better than Upbge showcase.

Looks like a 3D engine fan biased opinion !
( I think itā€™s frustration expression beeing stuck on Upbge when you could AAA game engine )

About games produced on Unreal, you can do any style, it is up to you nobody forces you to go realistic.
( Fornite ? )

Making a Star Wars fan game that can not be commercial, why loosing your time with Upbge when you could simply use Unreal to unleash your creattvity to whole new level and performance is stellar compared to Upbge.
Nanite high detail ships and planets structures combined with real time global illumination.

Ready to use easy cinematics with sequencer, ready open world system, new procedural generation node system and all other tools.
So you would be focus only on creativity , game design, 3D content and game logic, instead of beeing stuck on Upbge trying to code tools or features lacking.

Good luck on your fan game.

2 Likes

If you would at least show your selfmade Unreal Game (in this blender games dedicated thread).

1 Like