All blender games 10th year Anniversary & Celebration (2009 - 2019+) šŸŽ‰

LATEST UpBGE 0.3 - Features!

This is a great update to the engine, im particularly more impressed we have an asset library editor where we can manage textures materials and models all in one library manager in Blender 3.0

Fred/K.S

This Gameā€™s Progress is lookin incredible woow so amazing and inspirational.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

New Game Engine!

Site: Range Engine 2022

Anyone who wants latest features go ahead and go and try out Range Engine!
Im just hoping 0.2.6 comes out!
Fred/K.S

1 Like

thereā€™s no reason for them to release range 1.0 under another name. Also that youtuber talks about upbge/range users as a niche or a minority ā€¦ but i see more youtube videos released each week that are about upbge than any videos about godot , flax or whatever.

1 Like

The person narrating meant the blender game engine users are a minority, the upbge is the current one being used by many more people.

So Range was released for those who wanted to use blender game engine and blender like it was, when supported. Hmm, perhaps there will be some nice effects added to it in time, particles.

The hardware is demanding. A new computer is needed no doubt for that type of software. :confused:

In a general sense, I would neutrally point that legacy BGE has had more users than UPBGE 0.3+ has currently. Not because no one is using it, they definitely are. But rather simply the sheer time old BGE source has been in existent and used. BGE has existed much, much more than UPBGE 0.3+ has because of that. Range continuation of updates will also keep that alive, hopefully.

BGE Source

• BF BGE: 2000 - 2018
    • Legacy UPBGE: 2015 - 2021
      • Range Engine: 2022

Total years: 22 years

UPBGE 0.3+ Source

• 2018 - 2022

Total years: 4 years

1 Like

Lets hope they keep up to date UPBGE 0.2.5 LTS!

If they donā€™t want to make an 0.2.6+ then thereā€™s no point just keep it locked to 0.2.5 but keep it LTS ā€¦

:pinching_hand:Lets hope they keep and stick to their faithfulness and integrity. :thinking:

Fred\K.S

Not sure what youā€™re referring about. Range Engine already has Range 1.2 available for Patreon users; as clearly stated on the website, which means UPBGE 0.2.6+ is already here.

2 Likes

i suspect Fred for having in his game some baked textures with the ā€œupbgeā€ logo :joy:

1 Like

mehhh its not 0.2.6 until I see a fully compiled build saying its 0.2.6, i mean this is absurd they are able to release 0.2.5b but they cant release a 0.2.6a cmmon. :pinching_hand: :sweat_smile:
Im just not convinced unless its UPBGE ā€œupbgeā€!

Right now this engine isnā€™t any more UPBGE when you get the devā€™s talking like this! :point_down:

He Literally said it!

It will literally become its own thing and branch out far far !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

I guess sometimes consistency is important but in this case they chose to abandon Legacy UPBGE!
We need a faithful LTS 0.6.0 version release!
Even if they take it in their own direction, it would have made more sense!

They just wanna reskin because of the blender software, just because 2.79.9 is the last that BF worked on doesnā€™t mean they gotta reskin! they couldā€™ve just kept 0.2.6 - 0.2.9 milestoneā€¦
and really perfect that legacy range of UPBGE Versions!

It makes sense, when we go from 0.2.9 as the full definitive complete build of legacy UPBGE where no more updates are required vulkan is featured and all the latest stuff!

Historical Evidence: (That made sense!)
because after 0.1.9 we got 0.2.0
it was a huge milestone and step forward and updates were regular stuffs !!!

I came to UPBGE when 0.1.7 was a huge thing!

Fred/K.S

Well my game is an UPBGE Game not anything else!

So I have to remain Faithful to the 0.2.0x Legacy and 0.3.0x versions of UPBGE. :fire: :white_check_mark:

I canā€™t switch to RanGE for the sake of performance or funny funny new updates, that are making the engine Appear or look so spectacular out there and Superior to GODOT!
why didnā€™t they just do it and updated UPBGE 0.2x Legacy Branch?

My Game comes branded with UPBGE on it, because itā€™s faithful to all the promises I stated on its thread!
I just need to buy more time, Iā€™m still in the process of buying my new pc with better specs and an RTX card, so Iā€™m still waiting at this point, in the meantime Iā€™m reworking and reorganizing my project Completely for the New Generation of UPBGE Games to come!
Screenshot (5961)

So yeah I ainā€™t rendering or exporting this game on RanGE, but I will test how it plays as i make TBW in UPBGE, I may or might have a light version of the game or something! idk yet!
but I will only use Range for testing and performance checks!
not so much building my game!

My game will stay faithful to the version and builds of UPBGE 0.2.0!
Just like how @haidme made KRUM: Battle Arena on Blender Game Engine! even in a world where UPBGE was being used the most by most users and BGE was removed; he still finished His game and released it on steam, its faithful to BGE blender 2.79 or 2.74.
I however, shall do the same, in a world where the majority of UPBGE users are flocking over to RanGE Engine for new features and chasing the engine, I will remain on UPBGE and build my own tech and make my game run well!

However Iā€™m still using Blender 2.78 and UPBGE 0.2.0 uses 2.78!
Screenshot (5965)
I stayed version locked for the sake of my game, while Shuvit uses UPBGE 0.2.2.
So yeah!
And yeah I am missing out on the physics update of 0.2.4 and the adjustments and refinements that were added to 0.2.5 but guess what, TBW does play on 0.2.5 it crashes when we change settings because of some bugs in the 0.2.5a

I havenā€™t tried 0.2.5b yet!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

TBW - Why I chose to stay version Locked (for Development only!)

TBW - UPBGE 0.2.0 Golden Legacy Build
The BlenderWARS - UPBGE 2.0 Logo is Golden Representing the Legacy of this Games Ambition!

The stability that was achieved by the UPBGE devā€™s when 0.2.0 came out! is so crucial to making my game. 0.2.0 allowed me to achieve breathtakingly absurd results, without any crashes or breaks in my game whether its code, whether its design or implementations or systems. (The most common recurring issues are across all UPBGE versions and that has to do with transparency and alpha clipping and ā€œnormalsā€ node, those really affect performance significantly and bugs)

Currently, Iā€™m ā€˜reorganizingā€™ and ā€˜re-planningā€™ how to completely turn over this, but to make it better than ever before:(Old Footage)

At this point Iā€™m currently working on how I can remake alot of what Iā€™ve done, but better, because of the NEW GENERATION!
Iā€™m really hard at work on New, state of the art mechanics physics and in game systems that will really beef up the game and play like how a New Gen game plays. Iā€™m talking intricate details in a Blender UPBGE game that will hold up to todayā€™s standards and for many more years to come!

Alot of what Iā€™ve done! ā€œworksā€ and ā€œholds upā€, but Iā€™m remaking it all!
In a more manageable and better way, so that it can be Expandable for future Post Launch updates and tweaks to it, but Iā€™m remaking it to be an UPBGE New Gen Game
A game that plays like a PS5 or XSX Game but on PC, Iā€™m talking spectacular performance, consistent visuals, intricate details and unmatched and unparalleled Gameplay!
The real Truth is that: Itā€™s alot of work and Iā€™m currently melting myself down at this point, while I transition to a better pc! (It will be worthwhile and worth it in the End!)

Its Good to make BIG Games that will last forever, but its important to make them and build them Right! in a way that they can be manageable well after its completion and can be expanded upon in an LTS fashion!
(so Iā€™m definitely, reworking and refining everything from the ground up)

Iā€™m Basically Working on refining and perfecting the Finest details that make a game hold up to todays standards of the PS5 and XBSX and PS4 Generation, without sacrificing too much performance or visuals on a software like Blender UPBGE!
Visuals, I will just keep them consistent! nothing major can come out of UPBGE! ā€œThe Harsh Truthā€!

Now I know UPBGE is a dated software or GE!
But I BELIEVE that the way games can be made post 2020, New Gen games can be made on this engine! We donā€™t need Lumen or Nanite or Absurd UE 5 tech all we need is good skill, experience and a good working method and just build in a way that we replicate what the industry has been able to do this past decade!

New Gen - UPBGE Games, wont look ā€œNew Genā€ Iā€™m talking PS5 Level! but they can play that way! Unparalleled and unmatched performance but amazing gameplay and game features!

UPBGE gives us this opportunity and Freedom of Creating these Tech from scratch:
But the amount of freedom BGE offers, I am basically literally creating my own Tech from the ground up that should be able to hold up with todays standards!

0.2.5 limits alot of my freedom because of certain slow downs and bugs in the latest updates to it, hence Iā€™m only going to use it to export my game well optimized thatā€™s all!
(but its got lots of nice fixes and better performance for sure! but I need more stability with the kind of game that I am making!)
Stability when making the game is more important than a heavy one and making a game that continues breaking or crashing upon testing and playing its unsustainable!

The TBW-Gameplay tech works better on 0.2.0 with no crashes or bugs or issues.
Once Iā€™m completed Then I just adapt it to the 0.2.5 branch and then refine the game then test and execute it and export as runtime, Iā€™ve been testing builds for the past 3 years now, so I know what Iā€™m talking about!
People Want GTS: Ground to Space! And Iā€™m working on it already in UPBGE!
(video below is of Star Citizen as Inspiration for TBW - GTS!)

Planet tech is far from completion but Iā€™ve been Experimenting and prototyping for years now! There is GOOD NEWS, There is Hope and a Future for this tech to be revolutionary in UPBGE especially with the Scale I am currently trying to achieve it at with no breaks in immersion and gameplay!

WITH UPBGE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! :fire: (With Custom Tech built from the ground up - EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!)

but so yeah version lock has helped me achieve alot! other than that there are alot of things Iā€™m still waiting for 0.2.6 which range 1.0 implemented already and its impressive TBW can utilize that kind of power but just in UPBGE not making absurd sacrifices to the ā€œgodsā€ using range!

They can call me stubborn, but I am going to complete my game on UPBGE! I will make different games on RanGE once Iā€™m done my UPBGE games!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

An UPBGE Game - Update on Sword of Symphony! :white_check_mark:

Most Recent Update: (Personal Introspect - Interview!)

Really Inspiring!
Iā€™m happy for His progress! I cant wait to show what I have prepared for 2023, lemme just get my new pc and I will show you all how I can turn around my game too! But I will continue supporting Stephen going forward!

oLD uPDATES: (What makes a True Game is not the Engine its the Talent/ Skill & Experience!)

I honestly think that His game will probably be amongst some of the last best ever created UPBGE games to ever exist along side TBW! Seeing that now everyone is moving over on to RanGE Engine!

Just a motivation video for devā€™s who are stuck in solo dev!ā€™

Ohh Snap His trailer got featured on IGN! :exploding_head: :astonished: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Krum, Sword of Symphony , Shadows Lengthen, Futureā€™s Length , Sintel , Yo Frankie ā€¦

Will we see TBW at that list #soon ?

That Stephen, amazing work .

About your game, i suggest you to MASSIVELY cheat with baking + using low poly .Your game should be playable on a i3 + HD5000 at 60fps ā€¦ and thereā€™s still lot of things that you gonna add to your sceneā€¦ Upbge needs some easy work to digest. What about baking an Ambiant-Light Atlas map ? For moving objects , i will use a 3d grid to program a lamp data node to will set the Ambiant of the Extended material node . So you gonna be able to use a global Environement Lighting but still have your space ships or npc being able to turn completely dark when in some deep holes

2 Likes

I will leave it to my return, to the project!

#Soon #Indeed

Fred/K.S

Yeah baking is a form of optimization i will utilize this for the Low -End. Much of my work on TBW has been alot of Realtime everything time of day shadows etc but in the case of optimization baking is a great way to save alot of performance for Low End PCā€™s!

I can then Balance with High END - Feat Realtime Settings!
and Low End packed and Highly baked settings designed to get the game to run on those systems!

Yes the lowest requirements for TBW should be intel i3 Iā€™m optimizing for low ends 8GB RAM recommended 4GB may be too low because my game is a war game so substantial ram is required!

Fred/K.S

Legacy UPBGEā€™s famous, in development FPS game, The Futureā€™s End is planned to release in December.

Recently ported to Range Engine (legacy UPBGE fork).

3 Likes

Ohh Cool looks neat looks like he paid the $100 to get up His game on steam looks really nice I like it!

I wonder how much heā€™s going to be selling it for, are they any steam achievements any SDKā€™s in it? did you hear from him @RPaladin ? did Mark telles mention anything about the steam integration stuff?

Haah this reminds me hahah whether i would ever put TBW on Steam :sweat_smile: :pinching_hand: Hmmmm :thinking: Not star wars ā€¦ :smile:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

I wish TFE lot of success as he made some incredible work . I wonder who buys indie games btw :thinking: Do people using upbge even play games ? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like