allegorithmic Batchtool baking addon (not free :( )

Ok I’m still getting the error, my current scene is actually making blender crash too!

file is
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1693140/dungeon.rar

I don’t know if its a problem but my workflow relies on multiple scenes (although I deleted from that blend file)
It would also be nice to have custom resolution as this assets textures should be 2x as wide as it is tall

Update 1.11
Support for Substance Batchtools 6 series:

• ability to bake non square maps

• ability to bake 8k textures

• bugfixes

Can we expect a linux version too? :slight_smile: I’ve bought it and it works for me in windows, but i usually run linux for all my blender work… so it would be handy to have it there too…

Maybe in future, if there will be more people wishing for linux support. Right now I’m not even sure if Substance batchtools work on linux…

Update 1.12

• Bugfixes
  • Texture Preview button works in cycles now!
  • Object with empty material won’t display error message and prevent bake. They will have new material assigned and bake will continue.

Hi Jose,

I get the following error:

ID user decrement error: SCMD_COMPO (from ‘[Main]’): 0 <= 0

using blender 2.78 and 2.79 and the latest Substance Designer. Any ideas?

Actually I first get

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “\sd_baker_init_.py”, line 1174, in execute
self.bake_pass()
File “sd_baker_init_.py”, line 926, in bake_pass
bakepass = sdBakeSettings.bake_job_queue[self.job_index].bake_pass_list[self.pass_index]
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[index]: index 0 out of range, size 0

but if I first add only the low object, press bake, then add the high poly it seems to go further but then throws the decrement error.

Your hipoly should have different name that lowpoly. Also hipoly can’t be empty. But it is hard to tell without blend file what is wrong. Can you send it to me?
Also make sure to use latest 2.78c blender, and in addon preferences point ‘Path to sbsbaker.exe’ to correct locations - in place where you installed substance batchtools.

cool addon, does this require substance batch-tools to work? Your addon could be toast now, lol. Looks like allegorithmic got rid of batch-tools.

Seems like they changed it’s name to command line tools, but I think everything should work the old way. I haven’t tested it yet.
I just hope they will ad skew map support soon, so I can implement it in blender addon.

maybe so, I know I had batchtools in my license when I got the indie pack. I didn’t download cause didn’t have a use for it. I noticed they removed it when they released the automation toolkit. Guess that’s the replacement.

Just for curiosity: one of the latest content by allegorithmic is a plugin named “live link substance painter - unity”. Your batchtool addon show that a bridge between ‘substance’ and blender is possible technically and licensing wise: can you confirm if the same is possible for a “live link painter/designer - Blender” addon?

It seems it had to do with scenes and / or linked libraries, I’ve managed to bake normals now.

On to Material Id which throws this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File addons\sd_baker_init_.py", line 1177, in execute
self.compo_nodes_mergePassImgs()
File addons\sd_baker_init_.py", line 606, in compo_nodes_mergePassImgs
bpy.data.scenes[“MD_COMPO”].display_settings.display_device = ‘sRGB’
TypeError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: enum “sRGB” not found in (‘None’, ‘sRGB / BT.709’)

Which is probably because sRBG has been renamed to sRGB / BT.709?

Tosky - I actually wanted to do exporter to substance painter with one click. Shouldn’t be to hard to make, but I had no time. And I plan to look into exporting and batch cooking of materials with Designer from blender too.

Hoverkraft - did you used filmic addon maybe? I know it is messing the ‘color managment’ settings.
Because by default display_device parameter can be set to one of these:
(‘None’, ‘Rec709’, ‘XYZ’, ‘sRGB’)
So I’m not sure why you have only (‘None’, ‘sRGB / BT.709’) options.
Be sure to use 2.78c, or 2.79rc2. And maybe try to install blender in new folder, so that your preset for color management won’t get corrupted.
Hope it helps.

Update 1.14:

• One button click send to - Substance Painter
  • correct preview of for DirectX/OpenGl normals in cycles
  • Lowpoly mesh can set to group input
  • added tga output option
  • added play sound option on finished bake
  • added skew map support (works only in Allegorithmic CLT)
  • support for Command Line Tools - Substance Automation ToolKit
  • UI improvments (some buttons support Shift click now, for taking actions on multiple bake jobs, low/high poly pairs).

SIMPLY THE BEST °A°

(how exactly “One button click send to - Substance Painter” should be used? I mean, SP exe must run along blender?)

Just press bake, and after that bress - Substance Painter icon. Current lowpoly with baked textures will be send to SP. No need to run it first. Shift+press SP icon, to send all lowpoly bakeJobs

Ohi dude <3 , the latest version works really nice, no buggish behaviour to report from my side until now (send to Painter works good). You’r great! :ba:

A quick render of a 724 tris doodle mesh using your tool http://prntscr.com/hdpzhc

Attachments

The skew map feature and how you integrated it is just soooo good. I love it!

Is there any possibility to set the texture export part with the script? When I go to export textures I have to browse for the directory, it would make much more sense if it was already set to where the source file and baked textures are. I guess this would be better directed to allegorithmic, just asking.

By default addon is creating ‘textures’ folder (//textures/ - relative path) in current blend file directory. You want to change it to ‘//’ (meaning current dir) ? I can add option for that in preferences. Also quickest way to set directory is to just copy bake name and paste it into bake path. Then directory will be automatically created - no need to navigate to it. Eg below I use lowpoly object name, as bake name, and as directory name just by copying and pasting its name name into proper inputs.
https://i.imgur.com/2XMM8po.gif

Btw some black friday codes:
GroupProhairtool
BatchtoolsBaker/https://i.imgur.com/2XMM8po.gifv

I’m really interested in this add-on. Is this up to date (compatible with Blender 2.79)?