almost done

oh and fxr, if u want to see how it all looked waaay back in october, when i started to post the progress, here is the link ,

its on the wip thread and its pretty high up so u should find it , but ye there is the thread.

WOW. seriously. WOW!! I love this shot. But I also really liked the previous one. Two different looks.

hate to say this, but … This is so good, it seems like you’re actually a really good CGI artist trying hard to create a sense that you;re a struggling artist who finally gets it all together on this project. Its that good.

The nose is great. The eyebrows could use a little grooming, but much better resolution on those as well.

absolutely recommend sending this to the finished project pile.

hah thx FXR :slight_smile: well look at my wip thread and u will see the progress, i thought it looked good in the beginning … :smiley:

Well I would like to think im getting better atleast, I dont have to many impressive work before , so im hoping this will be a good starting point.

and this is probly the best comment Ive ever gotten, so im gonna print screen this one :smiley: cheers mate really cool of u to say.

Btw my artstation “https://www.artstation.com/rybergs” and u ill see I unfortunatly dont have to much done, :slight_smile:

and ye, i will just fix the eyebrowns , then i think im done … :slight_smile:

this is gorgeous i see we have similar art taste/goals! :slight_smile: your eyes and lips are done beautifully. If you’ve got the time id love to see what some of your lighting setup’s looks like.

hello Timmy, haha nice … :slight_smile: and thank u , well its a super easy light setup actually,

I have a hdri, set on low, so if no other lamp is on its very dark, thats only for the reflection in the eye… and then i got 2 planes with emission on, one on 45 degress in fron of her and one in the back

rybergs, one alibi. I’d like ask a couple questions as well. Did you use Path or Branched path rendering? And how many samples?

Also, I’m giving the two emissions panels a shot

Hey FXR, im using Path tracing, with 0,5 Clamp indirect, well that render u saw that i called “low res” was a 500 samples with denoiser, on a 1920 hd quality.

but the final render i will crank upp to 3500 samples on 200 % quality on hdr 1920

To be fair i got a pretty good computer with 2 x gtx 1080 so i can afford to crank up the render a bit.

okay guys so here is one without hair to see the whole model ( not becouse im to lazy to wait an hour for the hair render… :wink: )

I have also pushed the inner corner of the eyes up a little, thicken and grommed the eyebrowns abit, think im happy there.
I have pushed in the jawl a little bit, think it looks nice, AND I have added another layer of skin noise in my skin to prevent to much solid colors… cheers

Nice tweaks. Eyebrows on the money. Eyes look very good. Skin was great and yet does seem improved. Jawline was good before and this is as good, just different. Creates a difference character personality sense.
Also, nice rig set-up with the 2 x 1080’s.

well i feel im never gonna get finished since i find new stuff all the time, I have done a full body on this one , and im torn if im gonna wait until i get cloths and stuff like that on and present an entire body, ore if im gonna go for big and just show this one if, IF so im gonna try post it tommorow in finished, here u got a screen shot… :wink:

Attachments

I wouldn’t go with the full body. the focus of your current work was the head and face of your girl. Therein is the personality and detail of the project.

Employing the full body at this point, incurs “rigging” the mesh, and posing it, which demands more experimentation with angle shots to achieve a look.
As well as clothing. ALL of which eat up time.

I’d work this in chunks - submit the head as a final portrait. Then, at your leisure, I’d do the rigging of your female mesh to create a “base female mesh for other works.” Dont worry over this one. Then I’d make some clothes just for practice. Good textures to use and experiment with are Chocfur clothing textures. They’re free, also.

Last, when you submit to to the finished project pile, you’ll get maybe some worthwhile suggestions as well to do final tweaks. My gut sense, they’ll want it for the Blender Gallery

So, my two cents …

Hello FXR, ye your are probly right, ill do that later, I have actually allready rigged her and have been starting on the clothing, but ye , still need some more work on the hands etc, so ye will probly be later on ,and as u say I have a pretty good basemesh now.

oh well, I have never been on the top row of this site, and that is the aim here so lets hope for it ! :slight_smile: cheers mate,

Good to go