Alpha map issue (while outline showing)

Hi, I am trying to achieve some transparency effect with alpha, but it seems like its not fully transparent and a white outline is showing… how do I do this right? I have tried watching numerous tutorials and none helped :confused: (they are mostly for older versions -.-)

*errr I meant white is showing in the title lol

Attachments

You possibly just need to enable the ‘Premultiply Alpha’ check-box in your texture. Common problem with PNG textures.

well its already checked :?

Has your material still have specularity turned on. Either set to zero or use the texture alpha just to map the specularity to the opaque area of your texture.

The specularity is on (I do have 2 separate materials, the regular one and the black and white one) What do you mean use the texture alpha?

Attach blend file (including packed texture)

There it is, sorry to bother you! I just don’t understand what am I doing wrong…

Attachments

proba.blend (375 KB)

You need to fix your textures. Your blacks are not black and your white isn’t white. The black also does not go right to the edge so it gives fringing.
Its just easier if your main image background is 100% transparent, yours isn’t.
Upping the contrast and a little painting of your mask gives the attached.

Attachments

proba.blend (254 KB)

Oh my goodness!! thank you so so so much! Stupid gimp… i was doing it yesterday on someone elses computer and all they had was gimp (which I don’t know how to use all that much lol) anyway thank you a bunch :smiley: