Alternate KONG:Skull Island Movie Trailer - With Blender

An animation project I made based on Kong: Skull Island movie… with a little twist to it.

My goal is to recreate my favorite scenes in Blender3D.

It was a very long process of starting fresh making the 3D model of UH-1B Huey and Texture using Substance Painter, Creating the landscape, 4 Smoke simulations (Used Both Cycles-Eevee to Render)

I may have indefinitely reduced my laptop life by 50%…or more. It actually became an “art of waiting”

Softwares used- Substance painter and Hitfilm express.

It fitted well when i used Paint It, Black song to it, but copy right issues brought me down to use something else X(

The soldier base model (I created the helmet/ shades etc too :smiley: ) and kong model are the only things i didnt own. - https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/1182086

57 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wow. Pro level stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have finally completed my quest! haha

1 Like

Really really AWESOME!!!

1 Like

really Really Appreciate it! :smiley:

That’s freakin’ incredible!

1 Like

You did Great!!

1 Like

Are the landscape shots an image plane? Or gasswald type plants on a landscape geometry?

1 Like

The amount of work you’ve put into this is crazy!! Awesome job

1 Like

Outstanding! I love the banana!

1 Like

I forgot to mention Pexels.com for the bg of the shot with 6 helicopters. Imagine rendering that haha! Mostly used images but I went a little crazy making my own landscapes with inbuilt tree addon. I didnt use grasswald at all.

These 3 are the only shots I used 3d landscapes. As you can see, I removed the trees that will not be visible to the lens flare.

This shot was a rendered image of a top down landscape filled with trees. Then exported a displacement map and then applied a displacement modifier ontop of a subdivided plane. I think it reduced quiet alot of Polys that had to be rendered.

I dont know why but it felt right to render that small camera rotation along with the helicopters. :smiley:

These are the other 2 shots I used 3D landscapes with inbuilt trees.

1 Like

Amazing. I don’t get it how you had nearly no firefly noise in the darker shots. Like this one Are you using branched path tracing for rendering?

Hey, I think fireflys are no longer a trouble for us anymore! I used the the new denoiser it works like magic.

Heres the BG I created. Clouds are from blendswap material

1 Like

wow that’s awesome, how long did it take you to render the whole movie?

awesome! you really did a really nice job on this one! :partying_face: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That’s a really tough question, I was a bit stuck on getting the desired smoke simulation that alone took a long time of experimenting simulations and rendering back. So for rendering only maybe a bit close to a month… or less thanks to the Denoiser and Eevee!

Mind you I left my laptop on low CPU usage (mobile - I7-6700HQ) because I really don’t want a burnt CPU having alot of things to do XD

Glad its still all in one piece :woozy_face:

Thank you! :partying_face: :grin:

:smiley: Im glad!

1 Like

Really good and fun -

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Bart! Same to you!

1 Like