AMD cards R7 450

Ok so the official blender site says that if an amd card has gcn 1st gen or newer architecture, the amd card is compatible

And my card i.e. AMD Radeon R7 450 has GCN 1st Gen architecture as mentioned here

then also my Blender isnt recognising the card when i switch to open cl. That is a whole 4gb og GPU memory wasted
Whereas sheepit recognises the card and is even rendering from it
Can anybody pls guide me as i have tried all available options
Thanks in advance

It’s in regard to OpenGL support, not OpenCL/Cycles.

Still, make sure to check your preferences, system subsection.

Didn’t understand can u pls elaborate

Navigate the menus: edit - preferences. A new window appears, find the button that says System. Press it, and see that towards the top of the window there is a enumerated selector for Cycles Render Devices.

Of course dude I have checked it millions of times… It doesn’t recognise my card whereas is should… Sheepit can use my card for rendering through blender. Then how is it that my blender doesn’t recognise it ?

The highest openCL version supported by your driver is likely too old.

So just to be sure… What is the lowest possible version of open CL that supports blender so I can re check mine

Depends on the blender version. Heres the documentation for latest stable(as of this time):

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/cycles/gpu_rendering.html#amd

OpenCL is supported for GPU rendering with AMD graphics cards. Blender supports graphics cards with GCN generation 2 and above. To make sure your GPU is supported, see the list of GCN generations with the GCN generation and supported graphics cards.

AMD OpenCL GPU rendering is supported on Windows and Linux, but not on macOS.