AMD Video card doesnt work

Hello, i have a RX 6600 amd, and is not a cheap videocard, but when i m use to render in blender this just dont work, i have a basic scene with basic materials and render in 2k, something simple.

And this gonna take 7minutes to render, and crashing lot of times.

3070 ou 4060 nvidia can solve this or not?

thanks

A bit hard to help with so little information, as many things can influence render times. That said, crashes are usually not a good sign.

A few things for you to check (and tell us):

• are your GPU drivers up to date?
  • do you have any issues with other 3D applications? (like games)
  • which version of blender you’re using?
  • can you try the same file (or a similar one) on other blender versions?
  • can you try different files (like blender demo scenes) to see how they perform?
  • did you change the render in the preferences to use the GPU? Did you activate HIP RT? (currently experimental, might cause issues)
  • are you rendering with Cycles (my guess) or eevee?
  • if Cycles, did you change your render settings to use the GPU?
  • how many samples are you using? (the default values are usually a bit high)
  • does any of your materials use costly features (like transparency or subsurface scattering)?
  • what is the rest of your configuration (cpu, ram, power supply)?
  • is your computer “struggling” while rendering (slow or not responsive while rendering, high power and CPU usage, high temperatures, etc)
  • can you share the file, or show your scene setup and materials?

AMD support in Blender is a bit lacking at the moment, so the performance for NVidia is generally better.

Test the rendering using the CPU in relation to the collision.
Most of them are caused by GPUs, but some also occur with CPU and RAM.

Regarding GPU acceleration, it’s related to graphics drivers. Please delete the driver and try reinstalling it.

※ It would be helpful if you could share hardware information and blender’s GPU setting information.
In addition, you can find several cases by searching for relevant information in the link below.