AMD's (ProRender) Plugin for Blender

If they give me a Pro GPU Renderer for free, i don’t have to pay 250 or 500 €.
So if i saved up a couple of hundred bucks i might as well buy faster Hardware.
Now what Hardware would i get since i already got a Nvidia-card and i want to render faster with my new fancy GPU renderer?

There is your revenue.

Yeah but they are not doing this as it should, it’s all on the shadows, there’s no enough information, the Github page lacks source code (not even max plugin), there’s no demo or videos showing blender plugin before it’s released, you have to wake interest in people; there’s a forum for Radeon PRoRender but it’s in russian and not a single post has been made. Gosh it looks like AMD is a small company without logic or basic marketing. I hope someone from Radeon Pro read this before everything begins to crumble and fall.

Its available on Linux as well. Though on install they will warn you that they’ve tested it only in CentOS.

If Prorender/OpenCL works and can really take advantage of both an AMD Ryzen CPU and Vega GPU combo. I’ll be upgrading to that combo a few times over for my render farm setup. Can’t complain about faster cheaper renders.

2017 and still nothing.

CES is just around the corner, well today. I hope AMD does release it now

when is AMD’s new cards coming out … the ones to compete with nVids 1080ti’s etc.
Anyone know ?

Vega is reported to be out in H1 2017. I would expect effective commercial availability in May/June.

http://ve.ga/
half an hour to go :wink:

Well yeah, 2016 was a week ago and 2017 is 365 days. What´s your point?

sorry no live stream apparantly, :frowning:

(From the presentation video) “Industry standard OpenCL” Bwah-hah-hah-hah!

Seriously though, looks good. Hope it dosen’t take as many years as Cycles to get it working.

I hope so. Because now my AMD card is not abéle to work with blender anyway (Opencl_mem_allocation_error) so I’d be glad if they release ProRender.

Not necessary news, but AMD created a new repository for blender:

They are doing such a bad job, I hope no one get fired from marketing dpt, well, actually I do hope.

https://radeon-prorender.github.io/blender/ind.html
Anyone have any idea of what is going on?
Roto!

I see an alpha download link but nothing so far. I guess the alpha is coming, they just haven’t linked it yet.

<b>10 Key Features You’ll Love</b>
  • It’s Fast. Out of the box, the global illumination engine delivers physically accurate, photorealistic renderings, without any prior knowledge of complicated rendering or material setups.
  • Built on OpenCL™, it’s Hardware Agnostic, so it runs on virtually any hardware, including any combination of GPUs and CPUs.
  • It comes with a helpful and beautiful Material Library, ready to use. Artists can use, easily adjust, and quickly learn to make their own.
  • Integrated Materials are simple to use and editable in Blender®.
  • Viewport Integration means you can work with Radeon ProRender in real time, so you can see your changes as you make them.
  • Physically Correct materials and lighting allow you to make true design decisions with global illumination—including caustics, also displacement and volumetrics.
  • Emissive And Photometric Lighting, as well as lights from HDRI environments, let you blend a scene in with its surroundings.
  • It’s Easy to use.
  • Using a Virtual Reality (VR) headset experience stunning 360 photorealistic raytraced environments created by Radeon ProRender. These VR environments can also be published to YouTube.
  • It’s Free

Will comes with these Material library presets:

https://radeon-prorender.github.io/MaterialLibrary/index.html

Why are you so impatiant? They are preparing their website and github for the release.
it’ll be released when they release it :wink:

Radeon ProRender is Feature Rich

Below are some of the supported features:

• API (C-style)

• Unbiased/biased path-tracing
    [LIST]

• State of the art sampling algorithms

• Multiple importance sampling

• Many lights support

• Adaptive rendering

• Physically-based materials

• Layered material support

• Standard uber-material

• Volumetrics

• Physically-based camera

• Lens and sensor simulation

• Physical bokeh

• Motion blur

• Analytic and physical lights

• Point, directional, spot lights

• Area lights

• Image based light with IS

• IES profiles support

• Incandescent material

• Physical skylight

• Post-processing filters

• Numerous image reconstruction

• Tonemapping

• Based on open technologies

• OpenCL

• OpenGL (interop supported)

• OpenImageIO

• OpenVDB

[/LIST]

This is from their page too. It’s nice that the render will be open sourced and free.

I have a slight problem. Apparently amd says it works with opencl 1.2, but here says from radeon 7950. What happens to my 7870?
Hardware & Support Information

• Blender 2.78 on a PC with Windows[SUP]®[/SUP] 10, or Windows[SUP]®[/SUP] 8.1, and ideally 6GB of system memory installed.
  • Hardware Support: Runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 required for GPUs. AMD cards are however recommended. For non AMD OpenCL 1.2 cards, Windows 10 is required with the latest drivers. For a system report and to find out if your hardware supports OpenCL™ 1.2, run GPU-CAP-Viewer.
  • Recommended Hardware: AMD FirePro™ W or S series or Radeon™ graphics card of the “Southern Islands” generation or beyond. Examples: FirePro™ W9100, W8100, W7100 GPUs; Radeon™ 7950 GPU, Radeon™ 7970 GPU, Radeon™ R280 GPU, Radeon™ R290X GPU, etc.

Recommended hardware. It’s not like it won’t work. It has opencl 1.2 so it should work.