An argument for re-introducing Blender Internal in version 2.81 (or, 2.80 final)

The “80’s” video was rendered in EEVEE. I don’t use Blender Internal for everything. :slight_smile:
Edit: I only use it when I actually need it. For example, my YouTube Channel Banner! :grinning:

3 Likes

:smiley: a hater is just someone that didn’t find what he like, maybe you just need to go back to the time where CG was made without computers :

2 Likes

Awesome ! I want that VHS !

1 Like

i am c64 years old, but I really hate PETSCII :smiley:

Oh man, I’m just realizing this whole back and forth with the increasing ridiculousness we’re at now of “I’ll just raise half a million dollars for this” is developing at about the same speed and level of stupidity as a season of The Flash :pensive:

1 Like

:smiley: I’m born with the VIC-20 but fortunately I didn’t had to use it ! What about porting the Amiga workbench to linux ? so the new generations can enjoy all the beauty this OS has to offer.

2 Likes

Yes :smiley: , I find some beauty and peace of mind in it … and reading the first posts from 2019 was an eye opener to me ! All this energy from different people telling the same thing, that’s beautiful :smiley:
I fell like I’m part of an art piece, which only purpose is evolving by looping over itself !

1 Like

coding BI for the vc20? or just going off topic? please please let it be the first one :smiley:

Yes of course ! sorry ! let’s stay on topic, we’re getting closer !

1 Like

Damn, that interface is so clean !!! 3 mn from an empty scene to a full render ! that’s what we call efficiency !
I think we need to backward blender to 1986, indeed reintroducing BI seems the first logical step !

unfortunately you need a graphic chip with 256 kb of vram to run it this smooth

1 Like

256kb of VRAM is… nothing? My 1660 super has 4 GB and it’s like five years old. I’ve never heard of a GPU with less than 1 GB. maybe I’m just showing my youth with this though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

K.I.T.T ran on a dual core. so what? It’s all about efficiency, no?

3 Likes

My all time favourite CG

(sorry for straying off topic)

My vote is if you want BI use 7.9.

1 Like

Are we keeping up with the Commodore?

Watch out Blender Artists! You can’t escape the Commodore64! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, that’s too high tech, I probably couldn’t afford that, I need to go forward a few years in time to buy that graphic card cheaper, to go back to 1986 where it all began !

1 Like

Your going to awake the retro tech monster !

Too many things to process in that picture, I’m going syntax error !

We should make a Blender version for the Commodore64!!!

2 Likes

indeed ! best software from today with the best computer from that time ! Or upgrading Traces on your Amiga 500 with a curated list of good features from actual blender ! Could be simpler …

1 Like