An autumn house

featured
archviz
texturing
exteriorarchitecture
modeling

(Zorian) #1

Hi guys, I would like to show you my latest noncommercial work made in Blender and rendered using corona Standalone.

The hous is simple because I wanted to check how my own photnoscanned trees are working on such of a scene. I used Meshroom for creating the tree base and The grove 3d addon for blender to create the branches. Than I mixed it together and I think that they work really nice. Boat was also modelled by me some time ago.

I’ve used also some free models from sketchfab and I would like to mention the creators of this assets:):
Cytnhia (photoscaned model by Godrobot) - Cynthia8 Nov24 2016 - Download Free 3D model by goodrobot (@goodrobot) - Sketchfab
Sitting girl (created by Nikitos & 3130 GIRL SITTING - Download Free 3D model by Nikitos & 3130 (@vrcityphoto) - Sketchfab
Rugby ball by 3dhdscan Rugby Ball - Download Free 3D model by 3dhdscan (@3dhdscan) - Sketchfab
White pigeon by darwinmuseum.ru Голубь римский белый | Dove Roman white - Download Free 3D model by darwinmuseum.ru (@darwinmuseum.ru) - Sketchfab

You can also give me thumbs up on behance :slight_smile: Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/74685553/An-Autumn-house?fbclid=IwAR2VNJ8vDjQNHwI7sZFMLZjuZzYAhFNBnisB-DLQQVpMujqknbUqpgSzxOs

Very nice work, there’s a lot to like in this. The lighting brings a lot of realism to the image but there are also some things which I think are a bit off take takes away the photorealism a bit:

• The timber planks to the vertical face of the deck seem a bit large, as does the scale of the material.
  • There is some strange light & shadow transitions happening on the timber boards at the waters edge (under the tree. In some places its dark, in other its bright with a hard edge at the transitions.It doesn’t seem logical and to my eye looks wrong.
  • The metal cladding used of the vertical faces of the roof is what stands out the most. It looks like a dark galvanised finish and doesn’t look realistic. The faces a just flat planes but in reality that wouldn’t happen. A better choice of material (and more likely to actually be used) would zinc facade cladding. It doesn’t have to be standing seam but you would have visible joints and that would add extra realism to the image. This is what I mean:

• The rope on the boat is poor quality for something so close in the foreground
  • The boat is too distracting, the house should be the main focus, yet this boat is taking up nearly 1/4 of the image. Perhaps a better option would have been to have it moored at the edge of the river and about 50-66% of its current size. It would still suggest that house is situated next to an active waterway.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #3

You’re #featured! :+1:

(sundialsvc4) #4

What jumps out at me is that the front of the boat is too dark … my eyes always zero in on blown-out whites and too-dark darks. Also, I would re-crop this photo, eliminating most of the boat and the shrubbery to the right of the man – who actually seems improbably small relative to the boat –in order to focus attention on the man.

When I pause to consider how large I know an adult man to be, and weigh it against the size of the boat and the house, I think that you picked a very wide lens and/or that some elements in the scene are out-of-scale.

But, it is delicious, and deliciously detailed.

(Member) #5

Awesome house really like it.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #6

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

(Zorian) #7

Thanks for the comment. I used the timber boards frome the previous project and I had the same problem there. Not sure, why is it happened, but I didnt want to spend a huge amount of time to find it. It’ was mostly test of the tree:) And using Corona Standalone and exporter is time consuming. Thanks for information about the metal finish of the house. I’ve got huge problems with metals in Corona. I will try it do it much better in the next project. But I agree that it could be much better finished. But I was tired of this project and waiting for exports:)

(Zorian) #8

Thank’s a lot:)

(Zorian) #9

The boat is really large:) there should be 5-6 people onboard:) I’m using mostly 26mm lens