An example

So, what do you think about this? :confused:

Talk about fundamentalismā€¦
If the bible says ā€œThou shalt forgive thy enemiesā€ on one page and ā€œThou shalt destroy thy enemiesā€ on the other, I wonder why they chose to do as the first saidā€¦

Putting aside the religisous perspective, for the sake of the life of the thread, I think thatā€™s a really beautiful picture of what the human race is truly capable of. Our potential to do good, especially for each other, may very well be limitless.

If everyone was like the Amish except for the no technology thing weā€™d have no wars and have world peace.:slight_smile:

They really do have a tremendous reach of forgiveness.

Thatā€™s perfect.
To be able to show forgiveness in the face of something like thatā€¦
I hope Iā€™d be able to do it myself.

Hmm I recognize the first but the second sounds like the ramblings of one who doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about.

And yes, the Amish are amazingā€¦

Hmm I recognize the first but the second sounds like the ramblings of one who doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about.

Really? Odd that the bible does preach the killing of enemies (and far worse), then.

The forgiveness is great, though it is a shame it takes such overpowering religious belief for many to be able to do this.

Personally I have a lot of time for the Amish. Anyone who gives their children a chance to experience the outside world at a certain age and then choose how to live their life, rather than forcing them to conform, is OK in my book. Yes, I know this is to some extent dictated by necessity, but it is still a gesture that many of the more extreme religious groups do not make.

The Amish live their lives in this manner by choice, and are tolerant (in my limited experience of them) to others. Even as an Atheist I find them a shining beacon of enlightenment in their social behaviour.

Alex

Iā€™m not religious person my self and I really donā€™t know if I could do the same, but that is pretty admirable.

It does indeed look like, that the amish are doing what the rest (well almost, as there are those extremists who are more than willing to do the rage of god bit) of the christian population claim to do in the forgivenes and love section.

And you know this how?

Heh, people preach. :slight_smile:

Eh, Amish forgivness cuts both ways apparently.

http://www.legalaffairs.org/issues/January-February-2005/feature_labi_janfeb05.msp

Iā€™m not impressed with a group which refuses to prosecute its own people when they commit henious crimes such as these.

Regards
Xarf

Iā€™m not impressed with a people who refuse to prosecute their own people when they commit henious crimes such as these.

Iā€™m not impressed with a group which refuses to prosecute its own people when they commit henious crimes such as these.

9/11 anyone?

Not sure why, but the quotes seemed to have changed, nonthelessā€¦

Because of the old testament? Read the OT, itā€™s incredibly violent.

Hey, so theyā€™re not perfectā€¦

we donā€™t allow any political or religious topics here at BlenderArtists, how many time do we need to express it?