An Intro to my Project - game3 core

coming soon… modifier keys can be set as a key bind! be mindful all other binds will still be reacting to the modifier key states.

a thanks to @Guyus_Matlow for requesting this feature!

1 Like

Hello Deadalus. I was about to test new features but can’t launch game again :frowning: Console give me this error:

What should i do?

Nevermind. I just had to put scripts in game3 folder and it’s working!

I found little bug. When you switch to purple guy and then press F key he become kinda transparent or have flipped normals effect. Here is screen:

Rest is working great. I just love grab ledge system you can crawl on moving platforms! Great!
Thank you Deadalus for all progress you’ve made. Can’t wait for new updates!

yeah, ive been doing a lot of shuffling around stuff as of late. be sure to download the latest release and then update that with source.

posted some new commits to improve the HUD. weapons are now icons on the side bar. ill post a new release tomorrow with the updates.

the purple guy is a character in my game which has invisibility powers. that was just a graphics effects test which i decided to demo the state switch feature.

look at the bottom of characters.py for the code.

to update the demo from source:

• clone the demo repo
  • unzip “bge_game3_demo_data.zip” to current folder
  • clone the core repo
  • move the core files into “game3” folder or unzip into
1 Like

Yeah thank you for detailed explanation.

Oh this is very nice feature with partly invisible polygons. I am sure it would look awesome on character.
I love improvements you’ve made in template. Physics, locked doors, switching weapons, weapon icons and so on. Also I love that now I can launch level directly from blend file. Your template is getting really awesome i couldn’t even dream if there will be such great template for BGE.
Basicly it already has almost every feature to build cool game. And more cool that I can learn from your code to build my own game based on Python (logic bricks are cool but very limited and quickly become real mess).

So i will wait tommorow update to test new features.

new release! lots and lots of bug fixes. most assets converted to srgb, along with the ui. next release will have a new camera system, better classes, armor/damage system, and more weapon and inventory stuff. also, im going to sync game3 module in a more orderly fashion, only updating to release.

https://github.com/DaedalusMDW/bge_game3_demo/releases/tag/1.1.2

NOTE: the demo zip has been deleted for github performance reasons, but all demo assets will still be in builds.

2 Likes

Cool. So long waited update! Gonna test it now!
Also new planned stuff is very intriguing - weapon\damage will be great improvement! Thank you Deadalus! Can’t wait for final release when all features are added and all scripts are polished and organized in this wonderfull template!

game3_core got some updates to master.

• added a place for slope/stair animation, just add ".Stairs" to the end of "Running" to make it a stair animation. demo content will have a new animation when released.

• fixed a slope detection bug. you can now land on steep slopes that you could walk on. ray slope bias wasnt accounted for. as a result, landing on any slope no longer has the “float up” effect.

• player objects no longer needed: “WallRay”, “WallRayTo”, and “GroundRay”.

• “RAYFOOT” trigger added to react when standing on an object. like “RAYCAST”, it sends self and lives in CorePlayer.doInteract().

https://github.com/DaedalusMDW/bge_game3_core

1 Like

where is the link to the build with the demo assets?

bge_game3_demo then click releases.

https://github.com/DaedalusMDW/bge_game3_demo/releases/tag/1.1.2

bear in mind its not the latest game3 module. download bge_game3_core and replace the contents of game3 folder to update. note that master is a bit broken.

does getting in and out of the vehicle work for you?It does not for me.

what doesnt work? a video or screenshot would be helpful. did you change any part of it?

ill double check and see if i can find any issue.

i did not change anything.i had to close the game with the windows key.
what does fatal runtime error mean?here is the error I am getting.

Read prefs: C:\Users\barbara\AppData\Roaming\UPBGE\Blender\2.79\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python
Read blend: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\Launcher.blend
RNA_boolean_get: WM_OT_save_as_mainfile.exit not found.
found bundled python: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python
Win32 Error# (0): The operation completed successfully.
GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon HD 8240
GL_VERSION: 4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1101.0
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.40
Supported Extensions...
 GL_ARB_shader_objects supported?       yes.
 GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 supported?     yes.
 GL_ARB_vertex_shader supported?        yes.
 ----------Details----------
  Max uniform components.16384
  Max varying floats.128
  Max vertex texture units.32
  Max vertex attribs.29
  Max combined texture units.192

GL_ARB_fragment_shader supported?      yes.

GL_ARB_texture_cube_map supported?     yes.
  Max cubemap size.16384

GL_ARB_multitexture supported?         yes.
  Max texture units available.  8

GL_ARB_texture_env_combine supported?  yes.
 GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two supported?  yes.
 GL_ARB_draw_instanced supported?  yes.
C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\game3\__init__.py
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\python37.zip
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python\DLLs
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python\lib
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python\lib\site-packages
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master
input.py Imported
Exit Key Changed: [events.PAUSEKEY]
NOTICE: GAMEPADDER() Scene Fix - Scene
keymap.py Imported
C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\
NOTICE: Initializing Resolution...
GRAPHICS:
        Resolution 1600 900
        Vsync ON
        Shaders HIGH
        Anisotrpic x16
        Mipmap FAR
ERROR: File not Found...
         C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\BaseKeymap.json

...game3 core init...

...game init...

Warning: launcher.py(135), method keyboard.events is deprecated, please use keyboard.inputs instead.
Warning: input.py(217), method mouse.events is deprecated, please use mouse.inputs instead.
OPEN MAP:
        MAPS\Level 02.blend
Info: Read library:  'C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\HUD.blend', '//..\HUD.blend', parent '<direct>'
GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon HD 8240
GL_VERSION: 4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1101.0
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.40
Supported Extensions...
 GL_ARB_shader_objects supported?       yes.
 GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 supported?     yes.
 GL_ARB_vertex_shader supported?        yes.
  Max varying floats.128
  Max vertex texture units.32
  Max vertex attribs.29
  Max combined texture units.192

GL_ARB_fragment_shader supported?      yes.

GL_ARB_texture_cube_map supported?     yes.
  Max cubemap size.16384

GL_ARB_multitexture supported?         yes.
  Max texture units available.  8

GL_ARB_texture_env_combine supported?  yes.
 GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two supported?  yes.
 GL_ARB_draw_instanced supported?  yes.
C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\game3\__init__.py
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\MAPS
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\python37.zip
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python\DLLs
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python\lib
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python
PATH: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\Release\2.79\python\lib\site-packages
input.py Imported
Exit Key Changed: [events.PAUSEKEY]
NOTICE: GAMEPADDER() Scene Fix - Scene
keymap.py Imported
C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\
GRAPHICS:
        Resolution 1600 900
        Vsync ON
        Shaders HIGH
        Anisotrpic x16
        Mipmap FAR
ERROR: File not Found...
         C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\BaseKeymap.json

...game3 core init...

...game init...

Initializing Level Data... Level 02.blendScene
Loading HUD...
Can't find font: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\FONTS\bmonofont-i18n.ttf
Warning: failed loading font "//..\FONTS\bmonofont-i18n.ttf"
Can't find font: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\UPBGEv0.2.4b2.79Windows64\bge3\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_core-1.2.0\bge_game3_demo-master\bge_game3_demo-master\FONTS\bmonofont-i18n.ttf
PLAYER: Actor <Vector (0.0000, -5.8481, 1.0000)>
SPAWNED: Buggy <Vector (8.8609, 5.6814, 1.0000)>
SPAWNED: PlayerSwitch <Vector (-7.0000, 3.0000, 1.0000)>
SPAWNED: PlayerSwitch <Vector (-7.5000, 0.0000, 1.0000)>
SPAWNED: RedDHD <Vector (8.2471, -4.3020, 4.9377)>
SPAWNED: RedGate <Vector (9.1546, 18.9659, 13.1723)>
SPAWNED: PlayerSwitch <Vector (-7.0000, -3.0000, 1.0000)>
Warning: input.py(242), method keyboard.events is deprecated, please use keyboard.inputs instead.
FATAL RUNTIME ERROR: HUD.START
         'Text'
Warning: input.py(217), method mouse.events is deprecated, please use mouse.inputs instead.
FATAL RUNTIME ERROR: Buggy
         'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setControl'
Error: totblock: 2

heres what happened, the hud scene crashed due to a name change, and the vehicle didnt like no hud being there.

although the vehicle should have detected the hud scene not being there, and not crashed.

i thought i did fix this but the commit must have gotten lost or something.

thanks for reporting, ill get this fixed.

1 Like

you must be using old files? judging by the path you are using, it looks like you downloaded the core, which is already included in the demo.

try redownloading “game3_DemoFull_112.zip” from the link above. that has demo assets and core v1.2.0 packaged.

EDIT: looks like the bug was caused by something wrong with your setup. but this also showed me problems with the error handling. it should have silently failed and resorted to a fallback preventing a total crash. next release will have better handling of HUD failures.

Hello Deadalus. I’ve tested your new update, everything is working well on my side including car. No noticeable bugs.

thankyou what you said worked

for me the cars suspension is bouncing around too much.

in the PYTHON folder, the bottom of demo.py has the Buggy class.

WHEELCONFIG has “SPRING” and “DAMPING” which can be tweaked to your liking.

increase damping to soften, increase spring to make bouncy, increase both to toughen.