An italian late 80s desk

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, it’s a somewhat old work of mine, the first time I tried to do something like this, usually I do sculpting and character art.
This here was an attempt at more of a local angle to the classic 80s desk, late 80s in some kid’s room in Milan in this case. An amstrad CPC 464 ( my very first home-computer ) and a few products and posters from that era, some exact some other, I think, plausible. Modeled in Blender rendered in Cycles.

21 Likes

Hello there and welcome to Blender Artists, I hope you enjoy using the site. :tada:

This looks really good, nice work on the modelling and lighting.

@Withers99 thank you for the welcome and for your kind words!

2 Likes

Ooh I love a bit of retro computing. Nice work!

2 Likes

@bartv Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Nailed it! (and, welcome)

2 Likes

@Imagine_Studios thanx a lot, too kind!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

@bartv I’m simply honoured!!!

2 Likes

Perfectly captures what our desks looked like growing up in the 80s. Makes me nostalgic!

Great modelling and I really like the subtly different textures of the materials, for instance how the cassette deck cover is a little more reflective than the case of the computer. Very neat!

2 Likes

@thomassturm really thank you for your words, I wanted to go for a nostalgic feeling while trying to stay true to a european/italian situation. My material and texture game still need practice but I find Cycles can get some nice results even with simple shaders and few maps.

1 Like