An old warehouse

Hi,

Here is a project I started yesterday. It is a set for a video in which I’ll include a real film with the blue-screen/green-screen technique. I hope I’ll finish this project…

Attachments

Nice modeling … but I’m not quite sure just what sort of room this is intended to be. The features seem to conflict: a dancer’s railing; what appears to be a weighted can on the end of a rope (that is connected to nothing at all); a double-bank of theatrical lights…

If it’s going to be a warehouse then you are going to definately have to make it bigger. With the proportion of the doors and everything it looks incredibly small for a warehouse. At this moment, it’s more like a glorified shack.

It looks like the scale is off to me as well. If you are not using a reference cube, you may want to pop one in. Just to verify that 1 Blender Unit = 1 Meter.

I’ve to precise a little bit what is this set for : It is like an old warehouse/plant converted to a sort of dancing room. That explain the lights and the dancer’s railing. The goal is to make a music clip with dancing and roller skating.

I don’t know if it will be possible to finish it (because I’ve to found enough good dancers and also enough time to make it)… but I prepair all the things like sets, video camera, green screen…

If it’s going to be a warehouse then you are going to definately have to make it bigger. With the proportion of the doors and everything it looks incredibly small for a warehouse. At this moment, it’s more like a glorified shack.

Maybe warehouse is a bad word to define it… it is much more something like an old plant or workshop… In fact, proportions of different objects can be bad…

It looks like the scale is off to me as well. If you are not using a reference cube, you may want to pop one in. Just to verify that 1 Blender Unit = 1 Meter.

1meter = 1.5 BU

Room size
Length = 12m (18BU)
Breadth = 20m (30BU)
Height = 7m (10.5BU)

You are both true, the door is more/less 1m to big… I’m going to fix it soon.

Thanks all for your comments.

Do you mind adjusting the camera a bit or posting two different renders so we can see the exact span of your room?

I didn’t have time to work a lot today so here is some changes I made (resize the door and some others elements for better proportions and adding windows at the top of the left wall).

Attachments

Well, some new renders from different points of view. This time I had electrical thread on the spotlights, a big switch next to the door, some more dancer’s railings.

Attachments

A new update… I add a piano on the scene and a raised parquet. I’m not satisfied of the cloth simulation but the piano is not really finished yet… like the rest of the set, it’ll be an old piano a little bit destroyed (however it will work enough to play some pieces of music).

I start to read more about the cloth on Blender.org manual because it is the first time I use it on a scene.

I’ll also receive my Full HD camera this week ! So I’ll start some incrustation tests soon :slight_smile: !

Attachments

wow! that’s a nice room. you seem to be a very attentive modeler. It all looks very well planned and executed!

Some update again. Model will be finished very soon… then texturing-lighting, and then, I’ve to prepare animation. For that, I’ll need to rig and skin each key of the piano… I think this will be a very long job :o .

Attachments

That is awesome! I love love love love love the cloth. It looks like a Rembrant (or some other painter from back in ye old days) painting or something. A hint for doing the keys, just make one, and rig it, then duplicate/link duplicate it all the way down the line :D, well you could do it for octaves since a few of them have different shapes. I would be very interested in knowing the plot line of this story!!!

Well, I add the piano seat and the last wall of the room. Enjoy… :eyebrowlift:

Attachments

ummm… lol… well, I just had to comment in defense of the picture… I dont
think you are seeing things as they are meant to be :slight_smile:

the “dancers railing”… that is a wall pad to prevent crates from scraping the wall
the “weighted can on the end of a rope” is a downspout emptying into an outlet
and, the “theatrical lights” are standard warehouse flourescent lighting.

Sorry to be argumentative, but the original poster has rendered a very
nice empty warehouse.