An Unworthy Subject

Here’s to unworthy Monkey Status!

http://img42.exs.cx/img42/7234/Monkey3.jpg

I made this in about 2 hours and everything you see is pure Blender! For those who can’t figure the image is a “photograph” suzanne took looking in a toy shop. The photograph reflecs back suzanne in the window while lets you see the items in the showcase. A building can be seen in the background, she is holding a camera, with two hands, while wearign a ball cap so if you didn’t see it the first time you looked look agian!

I am not going to improve this - it was just something to celebrate my unworthy status but comments are welcome!

I want to say thanks to all of the people at elysiun and the developers of blender and yafray. Special thanks goes to z3r0d, r2blend and kansas15 for helping me out and always giving good meaningful crits and comments! Thanks everyone! 500 posts yippy! :wink:

Congrats! I celebrated being a monkey too a couple days ago, and now I have what, 750 posts? I must be an uber-spammer… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I really like what you did with that. It looks really good! No crits from me…

Maybe the texture quality is a little low, but that is ok. :wink:

thanks man! i didn’t see you say anything about becoming monkey - oh and i too must be a uber spammer cause just 5 days ago i had less than 400 posts and i was already working on a game to showcase my monkey status thinking i’d have time and then i posted yesterday and realized that i had 499 posts!

i agree the texture could be higher res but what can i say - google image links aren’t always great textures! in fact that image is 120x120 and the only way i could get it to look right was if i multiplied it 2x2 and only show a section of it! thanks! i started out just wanting to do a image of him shooting a snap while looking in a mirror but then i figured i’d have to have alot of background modeling so i just decided to make it look into a window which could blur some of the models when refracted! hope it worked!? :wink:

thanks again - you’re an inspiration!

oh and i meant to say in my first post:

through my 500 posts i hope that i have given good valuable information and that it has helped many people who i have been in their shoes. I hope i haven’t offended anyone and if i have please realize that the what i have said in the past was not meant to be and i am sorry if it hasn’t come across in the best of manners. If anything it is just pure jealousy! The next 500 posts will be more promising - i hope! :wink:

They will. Once you learn to be part of a forum, you get better at it. :wink:

I hope I will be less of a spammer, but I don’t think that will be a problem. Now when I have looked back at my worthless posts, I think to myself: “Wow, how could I be dumb enough to do that?”, or “No wonder it was locked!”.

So to conclude this all: Once you reach monkey, most of us will not spam (with the exception of CubeFan973 :stuck_out_tongue: ). Or in my case, I spammed when I was a monkey (this is the post).

oh that was a great thread! don’t stop! lol! :smiley:

i also meant to say thanks to angolair who although we started off wrong has been a big help with his comments, crits, suggestions, and encouragement! thanks again all!

They will. Once you learn to be part of a forum, you get better at it. :wink:

I hope I will be less of a spammer, but I don’t think that will be a problem. Now when I have looked back at my worthless posts, I think to myself: “Wow, how could I be dumb enough to do that?”, or “No wonder it was locked!”.

So to conclude this all: Once you reach monkey, most of us will not spam (with the exception of CubeFan973 :stuck_out_tongue: ). Or in my case, I spammed when I became a monkey (this is the post).[/quote]

I’ve been racking up post counts as well. Over 200 in my first few days here. Oh, in off topic in one of my topics, you’ve been called king spammer R2blend(it wasn’t me) :wink:

I’m not surprised. Lots of people still say that I spam, but I don’t know what they mean.

They also say I learned the art of spamming from chatting all over with you as well. Well i’m not going to get pulled into that, I am going to post a lot and that is in USEFULL posts. Not spammy ones.

right on! people really got to lighten up around here! part of the forum is to have fun! - not too much fun to where it becomes pointless chat but still we can parle alittle if we want! :stuck_out_tongue: it keeps us alive! no one likes a stark canvas - chat adds to the color! :wink: