Anatomy and Pose Study

Hello!

I made this study in Blender 2.81 latest builds. Pablo Dobarro has put a lot of work on improving sculpting performance. Now, if you zoom in in a part of the sculpture, the unseen part of the model gets hidden and this improves speed performance a lot. You can also manually hide parts of the model and you will get the same result. It is very useful for adding details.
In this piece I used the new remesh in sculpt mode. Got to almost 10 million polygons. And I think I could go one step further to add even more detail. I don’t think it would crash. But I had enough detail to work.
I started with a rigged simple base mesh I did last week to get the pose, then I started sculpting asymmetrically.
Rendered in Eevee.

Base mesh

21 Likes

Wow!
Amazing detail, and such a great sculpt!!! Me so jelly :+1:

My favorite of your sculpts!
You’re on :fire:

1 Like

Thank you 0rAngE!!

Beautiful sculpt! I love the skin details :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

insane! A+++

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you like it!

1 Like

Thanks, man!!

1 Like

Great sculpt :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, Bart!!

1 Like

Awesome work and details :star_struck:!
So you first pose the character and then start sculpting? I’m trying to find a proper workflow for this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In this case, yes I did it this way. But that’s because I wanted to study anatomy without the aid of symmetry, and wanted to focus on the gesture, and also because it is only a static mesh. If this was meant for a game or animation production pipeline I wouldn’t do this. Or even If I wanted to display him in different poses.
But I think the ideal case is to get to a higher level of detail with symmetry on, and then pose. With the new pose tools on sculpt mode by Pablo Dobarro this must be easier now. Before it would be hard to use armature on a high poly model.

1 Like

Oh I see! Thank you, that really helps! :smiley: