Ancient Survivor: The Zeinas Chronicles

Hello My name is BoayGamer, I already finish my game using blender 2.79 the survival game based in medieval fantasy universe, with its limitation on the engine I’ve manage to make the game to be better performance from previous version.
So the Demo version have been released at

This demo version is the lattest progress with so many assets such as 3d models,AI Voice, and great shapekey animations on NPC’s for best crowd system in BGE, although still has limitation, soon the demo version will be change with some assets removed.
The full version will be release within a month or so, with more cell terrain approximately 1 square miles size area with total file size 800mb.
So feel free to play the demo version games, and any support for this project will be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Likes

hay great work
i liked the vibe of the game
but sadly once i start the game . the only thing that is showing up is the head !
and it seems that the character is falling underground once it starts .

not sure if this is a pc performance issue or something else !

Had the same issue (only head visible and no landscape) and found out it is due to absolute paths.
Luckily just before I was about to delete it I tried to run it in the proposed file path:
c:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Game

Only then it loads correctly.
Looks really nice, lot of effort went into it.

@BoayGamer
So please change the absolute file paths to relative. (you will have to look how to do this, idk at the moment)

1 Like

oh ok !! i will look into it !

Thakns for explaining and that is the correct one.
I will use the rellative path on the both version as well, perhaps some assets are removed on demo version such as NPCs beyond empty cell like 2 traders.
I will upload the gameplay soon on full version.

@musikai
I have uploaded the relative folder Installation/Extraction, perhaps you can tested now.

1 Like

Thanks for information

:+1:
Now it works with custom the installation!
This is a far better 1st impression.
Played it until I died by starving :slight_smile:
Congratulations. Love the music and sound. And all the nice animated persons you can talk to.
Short: this feels like a game.
The last years I repeatedly asked for some games made in UPBGE and nobody could name an actual playable thing.
Telling from the screenshots there seems to be more exciting content to look forward.
Good work!

The Game is still out of perfection, its common mistake by newbie developer, on how to manage its game performances, I will explain in my new videos soon.
I find more and more mistake on Logic that was not suppose “Always” tied on each frame coding/logics, also for others like limiting the Physics collision and Rasterizing GPU render. Its my mistake TBH.
Owh the game is very easy to survive just eat the food items in the Inventory by right click, so don’t let stamina (the green meter on bottom right corner UI) to zero, because it will decrease well sated status even more.
Also there is Tutorial pictures on how to play and the Hotkeys even its still not fully accomplish yet.
Thanks for enjoying the games, and this is still made in BGE Blender 2.79 not UPBGE 2.5, sadly porting to UPBGE 3 + the coding doesnt work anymore and others that may the whole efforts almost from the beginning, but…
I already tested the my Multiplayer game projects on UPBGE 2.5 and 3+ with the concept of battle royale or classic Zombie survival, still work in progress and the issues to make host server connected even LAN connection is still studying it.