Andri V's sketchbook

thank you Doris, i will fix it , :slight_smile:

Amazing postsā€¦ Love them

likeness study, i hope someone recognized herā€¦

I forgot to comment it, the #2 post. Is sheā€¦ the Galactica lovely fighter-girl? Just wondering.

no, she is Marrion Cotillard . :frowning: oh my god, i have to learn a lot about likeness.

my daily sculpt exercise result. :slight_smile:

Very nice Andri V i Like the expression of his face!

likeness study, i want to make a bust sculpture of Chloe Moretz. but, here is the result . not similiar at all . :frowning:

Havenā€™t checked out the real faces behind the likeness practice, but either way, some good sculpting you got there!
Nice thread, keep at it!

Excelent sculpts Andri V!

Orange & Hetors: Thanks for your kind word :smiley:

another one, likeness study, Joel Kinnman. I try the best that i can do but still not satisfied. What do you think?

Beautiful sculpts here, all around! @andri V, Try sketching people on paper to see if you can catch their likeness, then after you feel comfortable with seeing the defining features of a personā€™s face try to take those forms to 3D. Personally, I find that itā€™s easier to learn what Iā€™m doing completely, rather than looking at dozens of photos and videos trying to find out why my sculpt/model doesnā€™t resemble XX. That way I can use my knowledge for the next time rather than starting over each new project. Again, beautiful work!

iā€™ve been following your advice to sketching on paper. i did this in my spare time. yeah, this is the best way to learn anatomy and likeness. thank you so much . :slight_smile:

Joker statue :slight_smile:

sculpting process:

this is fantastic!

i was wondering, i just got into 3D sculpting recently and i tend to use a multi-resolution modifier and work my way from subdivision 1 to however many subdivisions i need putting more and more detail each time. whatā€™s your approach?

thanks for sharing and keep the awesome sculpts coming!

sometimes i also did that workflow, but in other case, i started with sphere then sculpt it directly with dynamic topology enabled.

nice joker statue. i like the stylization. the lines on the clothes are sculpted a little too blurry to match the fantastic head. great work, nevertheless, as it makes a good statement as a sculpt.

thank you so much doris
now, i try to make a full body character. her name is A-girl. i also post it at Work in progress thread . itā€™s not fully sculpted. i just sculpt the head and did a retopology on it. then the rest of her body part are polygonal modelling

Good job, i love your sculpt too.

Keep it up.

very nice,the head is a little too large for the body, other than that, beautifulā€¦

3d|slider : thank you :slight_smile:
doris : thank you so much doris, iā€™ll try your sugestion.
Journeyman : yes, i do agree with you. learning proportion is very hard, but iā€™ll try. thank you so much for the references(added to my bookmark :slight_smile: )
honestly, i donā€™t want to make her looks realistic. i just want to make her looks like an 3d anime character with a big eyes.