Animal models for blender?

Hey, i am 15 years old and i plan to become a movie directer, and to make a film studios. I actually already have made a film studios, it currently has about 6 - 8 employees. What i want to do is create an opening logo for my studios. So i was wondering if anyone knows where i can download a dove model (because i absolutley suck at modelling). Thanks

What are your employees doing in the meantime?

You could probably find doves in your garden, or at expensive 55% royaltee-taking pay-sites like Turbosquid, but I’d recommend to make one yourself because it’s more fun :slight_smile:

Don’t be afraid to model things all by yourself by the way, dove models are really easy to make!
http://www.twincraft.com/images/dove.jpg

do u know any tutorials on how to make doves or birds?

Not specificly for Blender or doves, but when you search around for things like “bird 3d modelling tutorial” on Google, you’ll find links like these:

Meant for use with c4d, but perfectly possible to use with Blender :slight_smile:
(just keep in mind that “hypernurbs” is the very same as the subdivision modifier in Blender)

That’s not a dove yet, but you can make it a dove by searching for pictures of doves and make it match those. You can use sites like Yotophoto for that.

Hey, i am 15 years old and i plan to become a movie directer, and to make a film studios.

Don’t rush.

It won’t help. Trust me.

oogsnoepje - Thanks that was really helpful

noidtluom - Hey, i’ve already made 2 films (shorts, one commercial), i wrote a 40 page movie script last march (that was only the 3rd draft) and i am currently filming a film for a fan film contest. And i spend most of my free time experimenting with final cut express, special effects programs, and animation. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d focus on one thing at a time dude, you have all the time in the world to learn it all, you’re still young, but do one thing at a time.

If I were you, I’d follow the tutorial & model the bird myself. You could do it in Wings and port it to Blender for texturing and rigging, thats your best bet with a Sub-D modeller

Enriqolnius may have a model of a pidgeon he may let you use. I’m not sure how advanced the models were though. Find him on the forum somewhere and send him a PM. You can only try.

Hey, as a matter of interest, what type of movie studio are you currently (many large studios grow and change with time) aiming for? As someone kind of trying to get a studio up, your probobly going to get your opening jazz pretty good. Not to say that it can’t change slightly over time. Check out Parumounts jazz, it sometimes a 2D mountain, with just the stars moving, and sometimes a 3D pan of a more complex valley.
Anyway, I don’t really no what your shooting for, but you may wan’t to take some time to get a really good custom done dove (depending on how much of a key role it has in your intro). This does not necesarily mean that you need do it yourself.
In most of todays “main stream” movies, you have atleast some CGI/3-D animation. It may be good to have a contact with an animator. Are you planning on being your studios animator?
Anyway, PM me, I may be able to help you out.
-Abc