Animation Copy-Paste kayframes: Character Location and Rotation Issues

Hey guys!

I wanted to copy the animation of a platform and paste it onto my character to make him repeat the platform’s location, movements, and rotations. However, when I copied the keyframes, the character’s location and rotation keyframe information got messed up. The character is somewhere else, and the entire animation is inverted compared to the platform. Does anyone know how to fix it and make him stay on the platform and repeat the location ad rotation data?

Hi, try your luck with constraints. Specifically copy transforms, with local space (owner orientation) as target

Hey, thank you. I am not sure I understand. Do you mean copying keyframes constrains of the platform?

Hi. He means Bone Constraints. With the armature selected and in Pose Mode go here…

Bone Constraints

Add a Copy Transforms Modifier. Note the Influence slider. Animate that slider to control the influence.
You will add a new bone with that modifier (Parent the characters root bone to it) and use the root bone controlling the platform as the target.

Watch a couple of ‘how to rig a gun’ videos if you need more info. Its the same basic idea.

2 Likes

please provide blend file, so that we can help you. Thx.

1 Like

Hey, I forget to answer. It worked thank you

1 Like