Animation Export/Import issue with Blender incorrect hand position

Hi this seems more of a blender issue but I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this.

I have a character rigged and animated with Blenders Rigfy control rig, tp aim a shotgun weapon. At one point I had a constraint on the characters hands so that the right and left hands would keep position while keyframing the animation. While the root of the Shotgun weapon was set to the Handgun_IK of this character to keep the animations in synch with the character in Unreal Engine.

As you can seen when I export the animation the hands are in the wrong position. There are no longer any constraints or anything parented between the Shot gun weapon and the character rig. Yet in Blender the animation looks as it should but when I export this is the result. I know it has nothing to do with UE 4 import options because if I export the animation from Blender then import it back into blender the hands are already out of place.

I have tried this process starting over with key framing the animation from scratch a few times now and this is always the outcome. Anyone have any clue as to what is going one here? Thanks.

Welcome to BA :slight_smile:

I’m fairly confident that I know what’s causing your issue- unapplied Transforms. In Blender, before exporting, select your Armature, your character, and your gun in object mode, and press Ctrl A. Choose “All Transforms” and try exporting again.

Thank you, I have just applied all transforms like you said exported Rig as an FBX and reimported into blender and the hands are in the wrong spot so this didn’t work. I feel like there is some sort of corrupt data nested in the blender animation itself but I would have know way of knowing how to fix that if it’s indeed the case.

Can someone please help with this!?

This is the exact issue im having with the hand bones as well. My theory is it’s something to do with the Hand Ik parenting, but not experienced enough to know.

Were you able to solve it?