Animation: HIP

My second finished video.
So many people spend all their time on complex character models.
I prefer complex character animation.

http://i9.tinypic.com/2m7c7sn.jpg

About one minute long; 4.5 MB; Xvid. Enjoy.

Syncronizing the sound effects was rushed, so I realize it’s not quite prefect.

It made me laugh, and in a good way that is. :slight_smile: I’d probably have a look at the materials to avoid the plastic-ness, but overall really enjoyable and well made. :slight_smile:

Very nice, i really liked the video. It is really funny, i love how he breaks into a dance after the all serious music

LOL! I love it! The movements were perfect (except at the beginning when the stone was rolling). How would you do something like this? Animating every rock seperately? I don’t really see how you would do something like this with a rig…

And now a noob material question: How did you make the reflections distorted on the floor?

Rocketman, if you were to team up with a good “complex-modeller”, you two could work wonders…

lol that was funny!
i thought it was gonna be scary at first!:eek:

lol that was funny!
i thought it was gonna be scary at first!:eek:
It’s a pleasant surprise to me that many people find it humorous. Since I had the storyboard in my head from the start, I guess I didn’t realize the irony of a fearsome creature crumbling together from the ruins of a mysterious temple and then doing a goofy breakdance.

LOL! I love it! The movements were perfect (except at the beginning when the stone was rolling). How would you do something like this? Animating every rock seperately?
Goodness, no! It’s a rig, and the first and last scenes are just the physics engine recorded.

And now a noob material question: How did you make the reflections distorted on the floor?
Just a procedural texture affecting the object normal. A “blur reflection” slider in the mirror transp panel would be cool though, eh?

Maybe it’s your host not giving me the full file. Itkid of stops awkwardly in the middle of the falling down bit. Would be so much tidier if you let it all collapse and let the camera look at the rubble for a few seconds, then fade to black. You might even make the camera circle so the whole sequence loops back to the start.

Excellent animation though. How long was your machine sitting there rendering it?

Ending the animation from where I begin… not a bad idea; I should do it, as well as cleaning up the little errors as well. I probably will never get around to it, though. Always another animation to work on…

I’m guessing it added up to almost 100 hours of processing; not just on my computer, but on my friends’, my neighbor’s… etc.

REally impressive. Even if the materials are not perfect the animation as such and the idea is great!

Fun animation!

(I guess if somebody asked me for c&c I would work on the ruins floor texture and make the sky flash and strobe to the music, maybe throw in a few rays of light too, would make it really pro looking - the character model is great other than eyes would be something that would make it easier to identify with (lots of anim work tho)

Awesome stuff! I just sat there watching it over + over!!!

Only I think you do need to do some work on the SFX. Also I have to say it does seem to finnish rather abruptly.

5 stars from me.

That was neat. Well done Rocketman!

Did you just parent each of the stones to a bone?

Aligorith

HAHA! Great stuff. Loved it.

BgDM

neat I will check later

Just great. The rolling stones sound don’t stand too well with anim, but I loved it.
5!

Great animation!! I loved it heaps.

As mentioned, when the music first starts up, those little movements are perfect lol.

Brilliant and fun.

Greenlig

To be honest, when I saw him starting to dance, I thought it was going to be another unoriginal dance thing. But, when he starts doing the bycicle and when he twirls his sholder-rock, I appreciated it more. It’s nice to see htat at least someone was being original, at least in execution and not concept. But I like it.

That was neat. Well done Rocketman!

Did you just parent each of the stones to a bone?

Aligorith
Correct. A wireframe, as if anyone cares:

To be honest, when I saw him starting to dance, I thought it was going to be another unoriginal dance thing. But, when he starts doing the bycicle and when he twirls his sholder-rock, I appreciated it more. It’s nice to see htat at least someone was being original, at least in execution and not concept. But I like it.
Thanks! By the way, that magic bicycle move is copyrighted. I will sue anyone who uses it.

As for everyone else, your comments and criticisms are delicious. Watch out for a revision in the not-to-distant future.

Just made my day and brought a smile to my face. Simply amazing.