Animation in GE trouble

Hey, I have been having trouble getting my character’s “walk” animation to play in the BGE, I have tried various combinations of settings in hopes of getting it to work.

• I built my character.
  • I rigged it to an armature. (Parented to Armature with automatic weights)
  • Used “I” shortcut for “LocRotScal” to animate walk cycle.
  • In Game Logic I used “Keyboard Sensor”, linked it to “And Controller”, then linked that to “Action”.

What have I done wrong, or not done yet?
Thanks for the help! :wink:

Did you touch the Armature Modifier?

Can you show us a screenshot of the modifier stack? Or, better yet, just post your blend file so we can just take a look?

Repair Bot2.1.blend (921 KB)
Here is my .blend

If it helps to know, I have been following David Ward’s Simple Game Character tut

Thanks again for the help

Okay, you’ve got a couple of problems:

1. Your Walking.001 action has no fcurves, so of course it won’t animate anything. The action you were previewing in the viewport was Robot_SkeleonAction. So, change the action actuator to use this, or copy some fcurves over.

2. You did not have an armature modifier setup (the BGE looks for this to determine if it needs to do armature deformation). Simply reparent the mesh to the armature and select “Armature Deform”. This should keep all of your weights and what not intact while making sure the mesh+armature are ready to go in the game engine.

for the sake of learning, what does “fcurve” stand for?
and Thanks for all the help!