Animation: Music of Erich Zann

My third animation remake, Music of Erich Zann, was my first full-scale attempt to make a short animation. I had made “Dust Bunnies” a few years before, but this was more complicated with human characters and several sets. The first version took me 5 years to make. I had to learn basic modelling, rigging, lighting… the whole works. It was done in Cinema 4D and the opening POV shot walking up the street took 25 hours to render.

Like the previous 2 remakes, I like the original version, but it lacks, mostly because of the skill and technical deficits I had at the time, the look and feel I wanted to achieve. My goal is to have online the best versions of my films on display and use the remakes to get better with Blender and animation in general for future projects now that I am retired and have (in theory) more time to work on personal projects.

Here are some images from the old C4D version and the updated one so far.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/Y1QxZHy-zTg

I finished the POV shot from the start of the animation. It took 2 hours to render as compared to 25 hours with the original version so I’m pretty happy about that. I probably have too much detail that is never seen but this will be seen again at the end of the film going down the hill so I think it was good to make sure I could play around with the shot and not have to be too restricted by empty spaces.