Animation Nodes

As you see drops change shape while pouring down. It s wired but needs to be worked well.

Any AN news from the bconf 16?

+1. This is something I really like in Sverchok.

Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWoJgHFYWxY
Recreated the formula in Animation Nodes. It really only took a few minutes to setup the node tree.

Nodetree:

OpenGL Render:

Blend file:

http://images.kri-soft.be/Phyllotaxis.blend

Note: donā€™t stare at the eye of the animation or you will get dizzy!

Seems ā€œsubstractā€ is doing the same as ā€œaddā€.

cython version.

Just installed latest cython build (29/10) and the above bug seems to be resolved.

With English at me badly. You can find out how it was done. Or it would be good to see the file. Thank you.

@karlis.stigis: Just wanted to say this again, your video is super impressive. Quite a few people were fascinated by it on the bconf!

@pecador: Yes should be possible to define limits for subprogram inputs. Iā€™m not sure yet if this will be hard limits or soft limits (meaning that you could still pass values out of the range when the socket is connected to other nodes)

@kmeirlaen: Nice Phyllotaxis animation. Jimmy from BlenderSushi did something similiar as well, did you see it?
This error in the math node was a bug indeed, a little typo I made.

About the Blender Conference:
It was amazing. Super nice to see how many people know Animation Nodes (almost everyone I talked to). Further a few persons told me what they did with AN already. I heard that it is used in a Studio in France sometimes. Also someone told me he uses it to synchronise animations to music. Ohters used it to load simulation data to do scientific visualisations.

I talked to Relja Trajković, the Lead Animator of Viddyoze. They build a platform which allows its users to quickly create intros, logo animations, etc (just watch the video on the side). He interviewed artists (to ask if they can make templates for the side) and an increasing amount of them asked back if they can use Animation Nodes. Iā€™m collaborating with him to resolve version issues on the server. (mainly by showing them a way to always load the correct (maybe older) version of AN for a specific file from arbitrary locations)

I talked to Jason Schleifer, co-founder of Nimble Collective. He also showed interest in Animation Nodes, it is not directly related to them thoughā€¦

I talked to Marius Iatan, CEO of RenderStreet. They seem to get more animations that use Animation Nodes as well. I did some tests for the Showreel and found a good way that allows to upload custom addons to a renderfarm (not limited to RenderStreet, itā€™s basicly the same solution that I gave Viddoyoze)

Also Ton offered me a job at the Blender Institute but I decided to continue my studies for now. (same seems to be true for Lukas Stockner)
Lukas Tƶnne, on the other side, got a new job now, so this might be a reason why the ā€œEverthing-Nodesā€ project is postponed as well (beside the fact that they need the manpower in different areas atm).

@jacques Lucke: Blendersushi is doing so many updates, canā€™t watch them all. I guess you meant this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJTEBAGHGQ as he is referencing the same ā€œinspirationā€ source! He did add a lot of tweaks and twists to the base concept with some nice results: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_NiYBx_4SI

Thank you very much, my ego feels very big and happy hearing things like that!
I am now making another interesting setup for a project weā€™re doing, so you can expect more videos.

Your decision on continuing studies is definitely the right one. But after studies I hope to see you in Blender Foundation! ;D

That would be a dream can true. I canĀ“t imagine anyone more convenient to handle the everything nodes project.

@Jacques, Hard limit would be most wanted, which makes more sense respect to a true limit. IMHO.

ThatĀ“s a good point. When you say hard, you are suggesting some sort of clamp?

Yes, a hard clamp. :slight_smile: Something like you cannot set X/Y resolution less than 4 px, like you cannot set negative values as start frameā€¦

Random Colors:

Hereā€™s my Blender file:

AN_Instancing_testing_blend.blend (778 KB)

I did this using this video as my template:

AN - Instancing Basics

It kicks in right around the 24:30 mark.

Because itā€™s dealing with Font rather than Mesh,
what Iā€™ve seen for applying random materials
doesnā€™t work.

Iā€™m not using Cycles, and Iā€™m not sure if I should be using
cycles, or if that will fix one problem and break five others.

I tried doing a search, and some of the first examples I found
simply showed how to incorporate random materials, either using
cycles or using mesh objects, or maybe python.

But, not necessarily, that I could divine as to incorporating such
methods into this example.

Anyone?

Thanx

hereā€™s a setup using internal and object color -see you need to activate Object Color in the material under Options-
in this case I duplicate an initial text object with this material then write the object color attribute with AN

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16486113/Blender/archivos/temp/AN/AN_BI_color_screen.jpg

Hereā€™s what I did (attached):

AN_Instancing_testing_update_blend.blend (1.24 MB)

Hi;

I have an AN animated text that needs to stay connected to the original text object from which the individual letters are generated from so that I can make changes to the text as desired in the future. I want to be able to transform the text via an object around the scene, but hereā€™s the catch; I donā€™t want to transform the generated letters via the ā€œAnimation Nodes Object Containerā€. I tried conventionally constraining each letter to an empty, but that didnā€™t work, because every time I update the loop from the AN tree, fresh letters I created, doing away with the previous constraints.

How can I go about accomplishing this, preferably in the same AN tree?

Thanx in advance for all the help;

AJ

unkerjay itā€™s almost there, need to fix expression -it creates a color RGBA from a random vector + an alpha value- and can make it all in one treeā€¦ also need to replicate an initial text object instead of just creating it, so it has the materialā€¦ blend

jacobo hereā€™s a simple setup where a text object with some constraints is replicated, then use a second set of separated letters to get the body text and transformsā€¦ but I think I didnā€™t really understood what you need :stuck_out_tongue: blend -cython version-

liero, good news and bad.

I bumped my original example up to eight components in your example (text1 - text8).

Lowered the frames to 20.

Render animation ----

CRASH.

So, it worksā€¦ BUT.

Thanx