Animation Nodes

Hi, first, 137 pages in the same topic is unhandy, we need a dedicated forum for AN, with categories and everything.
Anyway, I would like to offset an image sequence texture by 1 frame for each object instance. Is there a way to do that ?
Thanks

I think it would be better for discussions about A.N. to create a group so we can make separate discussions.
I donā€™t know if we should put it under the ā€œAnimationā€ category or the ā€œScriptingā€ category though.

Yes, if you can a detailed manual that contain all the explanation of the nodes
it would be very useful :eyebrowlift:

:rolleyes::no:

Animation Nodes Manual

check Nodes (submenu)

All in reach from the first post onā€¦

hi animation node proĀ“s

is there a option to GET SPLINE SAMPLES POSITION in POSE MODE? It seams that the SAMPLE POSITIONS only updates if the curve handles get transformed directly but not via bone hooks in pose mode.

Its a dream to get access to the curve points in pose mode for riggingā€¦

Hi There,
I used the search but I didnā€™t get a satisfying answer. So I hope I didnā€™t oversee obvious info.

I am trying to instance a complex object consisting of serveral polyobjects nested in several layers under plain axis.
If I try to setup simple animation nodes with instancer, a loop and object transform output I just get the main null duplicated.

any suggestions?
best regards
Jops

Jops one way to do it could be like this: move your rig to other layer and group it -Ctrl+G-, in some other layer press Shift+A > Group Instance > Groupā€¦ then use that generated object as the object in AN instancer node, you need to enable copy full object *

VANDERHORST I donā€™t think you can access modified spline points from python, so AN canā€™t eitherā€¦ if you really need it then a workaround would be to convert to mesh, read points, then create curveā€¦ got something working if you need it, but itā€™s far from perfect

• btw what could be the problem to add a new instance type -dupligroup- to the instancer nodeā€¦?
    something like this, got a quickly hacked version that seems to work just fine

liero, thanks a lot. that will work :wink:

Anyone here know why the text output object isnā€™t updating my text object with a new string input? Its running on always refresh but I canā€™t change the contents of the text.
In fact none of the properties are being updated when I plug in other values. Did I miss a crucial post somewhere?

EDIT: Ok its been a while, the inputs werenā€™t active (the little check box button). I had forgotten to turn them on. I must admit that they are not intuitive.

I would like to use a text block as a source for 2 text objects in 3D. I can source and split the lines but must keep the names above the job titles. How can I get an alternate value from frame input, or an even number from frame input?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461538[/ATTACH]

I intend to generate a series single of images per 2 line set set, but it would be nice to switch lines based on frame read out for animations as well. Ie. hold each group for 300 frames while animation takes place.

already solved it? can be done in many ways, to keep it clear I would use single lines for each pair of texts and a comma or a custom separatorā€¦ i would do something like this or try this other example if you want to keep your list formatting

Well hereā€™s what I arrived at. The reason I used line breaks is that, that is just the way humans tend to send the information. They never tab deliminate or coma separate.

Here is my solution with modulo to get an alternating value (math is not my first language)

Issue for this solution is that every second frame is a repeat. I could just remap Blenders scene time but there must be a more elegent way to alter the frame value to read out the current alternating frame. I guess I should just check out @lieroā€™s solutions :wink:

Well @liero yourā€™s are much cleaner, although all the connections are missing for me when I open the file. What version of AN are you using?

EDIT: thanks Liero, I got it working. I understand Floor Division now :wink: and Iā€™m still not sure how thats working but thank you.

Hi,

I have a question.
ā€œGet Spline Samplesā€ node gives me points on curve and their tangents/normals, but how are they calculated?
It seems they donā€™t use curve normal or curves Tilt parameter which would be very, very useful to get stable results.
Now, if I want to imitate for example what Array modifier is doing when duplicating on curve, the objects are doing really weird things with their rotations. Also, when converting edges to planes, normals are weird and are jumping around at some moments.
Can someone suggest something or is this just a current limitation?

Hey, Iā€™m just getting started with animation nodes and man, Iā€™m amazed!

I was wondering, does the sound bake node take the animation framerate into account? When setting it to 60fps, the baked data and the actual sound always get out of syncā€¦

I am trying to install animation nodes cython branch on blender 2.78a on linux. I am getting this error :

@karlis.stigis: your situation reminds me my problem with particles I wanted follow a curve (with regular particle system not via anim node). They followed curve but ignored Tilt rotation. In my case I wanted use curve as road and let particles to generate cars. Since road was angled in curved parts and particles kept they initial rotation - they end partly under the road.
https://developer.blender.org/T38595

I wanted to request it as feature - so particle could use curve tilt for orientation, but what I understood In some discussion - nobody wants to touch particles code.

Second problem I felt in was when curves control points became to the same direction, particles switched their Z orientation.
Iā€™m not sure how it works exactly now, but you can get idea from image posted in my link - these pink particles.

So in my case it was an limit and bug rotation.
I canā€™t say if you follow similar scenario, so just as a note here :slight_smile:

After being requested by many people, I finally updated the Archimator setup to V6.0, which was refactored dramatically. With a new workflow and many new features. Here is a demo with tutorial:

Archimator_v6.1.blend (1.46 MB) (updated on Jul-31-2017 to compatible with AN v2.0 )

Any questions just let me know. Ideas are welcome for sure.

Attachments

Archimator_v6.1.blend (1.47 MB)

:eek: This is amazing, youā€™re all amazingā€¦
Great example & study materialā€¦ :yes:

Thank you!!!

I was wondering if that collapse feature is possible, but thought it is not. Would be great tho if that would be a setting in AN themselvesā€¦

Nice work nevertheless!