Animation Nodes

I would like to animate text like the example but I can’t find some of the nodes. Is a new feature that is coming in the next release or maybe I’m don’t know how to use the addon propperly.

Hello, thank you for a great job!
I downloaded the latest version of the master branch with git hub, I do not know but maybe there is a bug or am I doing something wrong. It is impossible to offset animation with a node “Copy Transforms”.

Attachments

TEST_Animation_Nodes8.blend (461 KB)

@v.renderberg Go to Advanced Node Settings panel, then disable Use Current Transforms option. (A more simpler way is by first selecting the Copy Transforms node then hitting U.)

@Leon Cheung Thank you!!!

Good day, forum!
I don’t know if anyone already came up with solution for this, but i did some research and found out that there isn’t a simple way to get object’s velocity from procedural animation or simulation. So i came up with more or less easy and fast solution storing previous values for location and velocity in ID properties of an object and then comparing and rewriting them frame by frame with very simple script. Works good so far. Let me know if there is more elegant solution :slight_smile:

That´s a pretty good solution, as coincidence this morning while having breakfast I was thinking on something similar. This opens a lot of new possibilities, like automatic riggin based on the speed

Yep, i’m already making some tests with different dependencies hooked on velocity. Now i’m gonna setup angular velocity nodes in similar fashion, and i’m thinking about creating these ID properties automaticly for any object hooked to this setup

Rendered a test with per-object rigid body velocity hooked to vertex color and emission strenght. No keyframed animation used.

@Sergusster, really amazing effect you have made!

Thanks Jacques! it feels like i am flying

hey multiab how did you make this cables thingy, i need to make some for a project, and it seems that i could use an, it’d be great

hey karlis, are you sharing your wire generator setup somewhere?

Here is the tutorial:

Here is the project file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sdXWl4DsToZnZwVzZGTjIzN3M/view?usp=sharing

niiice, thanks buddy!"!

Sweet tutorial multiabhay, many thanks!

You’re welcome!

Can anyone help with this please? https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?412717-Random-colour-using-Animation-nodes-on-Text-object

1 Like

@karlis.stigis Man you rocked again. That’s amazing. Well done!

Everything ok in the animation nodes community? Jacques didn’t update the 1.7/Cython Branch for 2 month, the thread is at page 3. I hope it continues in 2017 :slight_smile: