Animation Nodes

Ah, that explains it… I’m doing it wrong :slight_smile: So in the current version (1.6), is it possible to get mesh data out of a script node (i.e. is there an existing AN node type that matches what my script is returning? otherwise are there any examples of how to return a mesh data type that AN does understand? or do I need to wait for the next version to be released?)

Just a quick follow-up: it didn’t register right away what you were saying re: the mesh data in AN was of a different type than the mesh data in Blender proper. Switching to BMesh appears to do the trick.

Hi, can you post the blend for this? My eyesight isn’t that great but am really interested in this effect. - Ian

Hi, i couldn’t install on my blender 2.78.
but older version(master) working very well.
Thank you.

What do you mean by “couldn’t install”? Any error message popping up?

Am installing AN into B2.8 from build bot onto OSX but it complains that numpy isn’t installed. I checked and its definitely there in the libs folder. Any hints as to what is wrong?

I just tried it myself and get the exact same problem. But this is not the fault of AN, but with the numpy that comes with Blender 2.80. If you try import numpy in the Python Console in Blender 2.80 you get an error that it can import multiarray.

A few days ago it was also reported that the macOS buildbot isn’t working. The last builds are from April 6. Hopefully it will be fixed when the buildbot is running again.

Oh cool thanks for that.

Why, oh, why would you try that?

I won’t support Blender 2.8 until it becomes more finalized.

Beside that I’m still fighting with another problem for Linux that seems to be related to numpy…

OMG I just realised that I made a typo. I meant 2.78 not 2.8!
Oops sorry everyone :o

Completely agree with that. But it never hurts to try stuff out, now does it? :smiley:

Not a problem. I think the problem is actually the same as for Blender 2.8. My guess is that the build bot uses the new cxx11 libs and they are missing the compiled library files (*.so) for numpy. So numpy is broken. When I get around to it, I will report the issue.
In the meantime: if you have a version of Blender that has numpy installed (just try import numpy in the python console, if you don’t get any errors it’s good), you can copy the ‘numpy’ folder to the buildbot blender. Or if you have python3.5 with numpy installed somewhere, you can also just copy the numpy folder from the ‘site-packages’ folder to the buildbot blender.

Yeah the console test fails, so I’ll try copying the folder from an older working version. Thanks @rasper

I am getting this error when trying to install AN from graphical.org. (linux)

ImportError: libpython3.5m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Centos 7 here. Compiled python using this tutorial:

How do i make blender use the compiled python?

thank you.

Hi guys, I’m new on this forum, begginer in Blender and excited by animation nodes !
I have a question, we can get the location of particles from a system, but I would like to handle the location of those particles, to modify their locations. There is no “Particles System Output”.
And applying an object to each particle location is really slowing down performances (creating an object with mesh datas). I think particles are more optimized.

Sorry if this question was asked before, I didn’t find any solution to my problem yet.

Thanks !

As far as I know there is no built-in Particles Output equivalent to Object Output, but you can still manipulate particles points location with vector math:

Or you can go to the direct approach and to create an expression out of the properties of the particle systems:

Thank you for such a great addon, only one problem I have and is, my cpu usage goes 50% and Blender Interface becaume slow when using this addon, even after disabling update and redraw.

Just made this setup when tring to answer a SE question here. Not sure if this is a good-enough solution, just what I got so far…

https://i.stack.imgur.com/TtByb.gif

Simple_Fractal_Generator_1.0_for_AN_1.6.blend (159 KB)

Great solution Leo!!

o.g. 76 Where are you man? We miss you

clap clap clap!
leon you’re a crazy genious!