Animation rendering problem - strange black shadows

Hi,

I have a problem with rendering an animation correctly. Strange jumping shadows appear on it. At first I thought that I used too few samples, but when rendering with more samples the problem remains. I don’t quite know what this could be caused by. The problem is most noticeable in the lower left corner and on the trees. As I traced the animation frame by frame, in the left corner I have the impression that part of the ivy disappears, and on the next appears, this element is not animated. I am using blender 4.0

Here are two examples:

• Cycles (Experimental), denosie Optix
  • 128 samples
  • FFmpeg Video format
  • resolution 1080x1920
  • Light Paths: Full Global Illumination
  • Camera Focal Length 35, clip start: 0.1 m clip end: 10000000 m
    Other options are standard.

• Cycles (Experimental), denosie Optix
  • 512 sample
  • png format, (edited in Davinci)
  • 1080x1920 resolution
  • Light Paths: Full Global Illumination
  • Light Tree disabled
  • Camera Focal Length 35, clip start: 0.1 m clip end: 10000000 m
    Other options are standard.

It looks like a Motion Blur error.
Please change the GPU setting to CUDA and render it, and if there is no abnormality, I think it is a problem related to the GPU driver.

If you have the same problem with CUDA rendering, try disabling Motion Blur and testing it.

If there is no problem with the test

Motion Blur must be disabled and Motion Blur must be given using the Vector Blur in Composing.

If there is a problem even after the motion Blur deactivation, I think we need to find the cause.

※ It looks like it’s happening in the same frame. I don’t think we need to test the whole frame.

I tried:

• changing the engine to cuda
  • disabling motion blur (render with cuda)
  • updating graphics card drivers (render with optix, with motion blur on)

None of these things helped.

My card is GeForce 4070 Super Ti, the driver version is: 552 for the studio

If there is also a problem with disabling the motion blur, it seems to be a problem with the object setting.

It can be seen in the video, but a specific object was seen and not seen. (The shadow also looks dark)
This image may be a problem with motionblur activation, but if it is the same in deactivation, check the object.

Okey, I will check and let you know. This problem is also on the trees where you can see the shadow on one frame and not on the other, if this is related to the object it should happen on all trees and it is not. But we will see

1 Like

Yes, you were right it is an object. I used the Baga IVY add-on and as I converted it to mesh (I accepted the modifier) the problem disappeared. The problem is that it added a lot of geometry to the scene, now if I do this with every ivy I don’t know if I will be able to render it :rofl:

t_0001-0020.mkv (376.9 KB)

1 Like

Ask the seller. :slightly_smiling_face:
The plants in question looked like the objects were not fixed and kept changing.
Maybe it’s a matter of setting up.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for help

1 Like