Animation Short- "Missing"

I am proud to present my recent animation short “Missing”.

This film is dedicated to my grandmother who has Alzheimer’s, and was the inspiration for this film.
Following a woman’s journey in which she loses all what she had and who she was, “Missing”, explores the meaning of memory, life and love.

35 Likes

Few things get you to question the meaning of life more than the loss of your own memory and cognitive abilities.
Very good short. Though I would’ve personally titled it “Losing” rather than “Missing”, since the film is about the process of losing memories, not about already lost and missing memories that we’d be looking for.

1 Like

You’re #featured, enjoy! :tada:

3 Likes

Don’t agree. There is more to “missing” than that. You’l learn if you get a long life :wink:

3 Likes

I’m talking about the movie, not the real life situation.

You don’t get to see too many animated shorts on BA. Well done the short is really moving, I can see a lot of hard work and love went into this.

3 Likes

Great job. A lot of work went into this film. Great presentation pace.

1 Like

This is just a heart-wrenching picture – I made myself watch it to the end. The utterly simple presentation, the fine choice of music, and the horrifying reality that it so lovingly and delicately depicts, make it one of the most memorable short films that I’ve yet seen anywhere.

A masterpiece.

3 Likes

So am I. And i think the movie is reflecting that pretty well. Fantastic work - keep it up!

1 Like

You touched my heart. Thank you.

4 Likes

This is beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for all the kind words :slight_smile:

As for the title- I think Missing is the essence of how I feel about the disease.
The person who was once my grandmother is no longer there, even though she is alive.
The feeling of missing her is just as strong as the fact that she is missing, to me, to her family, and to herself.

Thank again (and for the feature!)

3 Likes

my gramma have that too, she only remembers my father who he is actually the oldest sun
she never liked me so i can say shell remember me eather way ,not that i hate her or something, but i feel sory for her

i once went with my mother to her uncels and ants , who thy happends to be my grand parints, any thy were just talking about old memorys, while thy were smielling ,
i descoverd thin that life isnt about liveing happy, with mony fame and anything, its about collecting nice memorys to remember when your old

1 Like

Great work Shaisgs.

1 Like

Wow, this has to be one of the most beautiful short films I’ve ever seen. The message, animation, and music are fantastic, and the emotions expressed in the film have touched my heart. Thank you.

1 Like

Very lovely and meaningful animation. Nice!! Thank you.:+1::+1:

Beautifully made. Very touching.

Well done!

Thank you everyone for the kind comments!

The film is now running in the Blender Suzanne awards. I’d appreciate your vote :slight_smile:

https://www.blender.org/conference/2018/festival/entries#319

Thanks!