Animation Test

(BgDM) #1

I am not sure if I should be posting this on the “Blender Char” forum, but I will post here and if it gets moved, then so be it. Anyway, in getting ready to rig my Armor for animation, I have prepared a short rigging test for an arm. Here is the link:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/779e0f02/bc/BgDM's+Stuff/arm_wave.avi?bchwIF9APnujLuMT

If direct link does not work, then try this:

http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/bgdm9999/lst?.dir=/BgDM's+Stuff

This is in Divx, 8 seconds.

I know that there is no elbow, but I can work on that for my armor animation. I just want feedback as to how the movement and timing looks. Is it too fast, too slow, etc.

Thanks for any input.

BgDM

(S68) #2

Cool :o

nice frog arm!

Well, if you are going to animate an armor you must definitely go fore more rigid things, with joints!

Keep it up,

Stefano

(SKPjason) #3

The movements were fantastic… not too slow… not too fast… In fact… because of the alien nature of the arm… I thought the movements were accentuated in a positive way by not having an elbow… it gave this four fingered green hand a nice alien look… while still maintaining a wholly organic look in form and movement…

I can’t wait to see what you do with this. :smiley:

Jason

(acasto) #4

Great work, if it’s gonna be an aliea it’s excellent.
For armor I agree with s68, might need more jointlike movements.

Keep it up

(BgDM) #5

The movements were fantastic… not too slow… not too fast… In fact… because of the alien nature of the arm… I thought the movements were accentuated in a positive way by not having an elbow… it gave this four fingered green hand a nice alien look… while still maintaining a wholly organic look in form and movement…

I can’t wait to see what you do with this.

Thanks SKPjason :smiley: Coming from you, tant means a lot. This was my first attempt at using the armatures in Blender to animate something. As far as what I will do with it next, probably nothing with tis one. I think I will do a better model of a hand and then make it more reallistic in movement, with the elbow joint, etc. That will be the next challenge.

For armor I agree with s68, might need more jointlike movements.

Thanks to you too acasto :smiley: I agree whole heartedly. If you haven’t seen the suit of armor yet, the link is here:

I have the legs and feet done and am in the process of texturing it now. Rigging to follow.

Thanks for the comments guys.

BgDM

(acasto) #6

Wow, nice armor layout. You did good at your setup and organiztion. I look forward to seing more

(blengine) #7

great! nice limb…and smooth smooth movements made it easy to watch… no glitches or anything, great job