Animation: “THOSE LEFT BEHIND” - Kerbal Space Program

This is completely rendered in EEVEE, and produced in the span of three weeks.

One week to write script and set the scenes & animatics. One week to animate all the shots. One week to render (38 hours), sound FX & music and compositing. All of this just to miss the halloween deadline by one day :frowning:

Almost every model was taken from an asset library I’ve used for previous animations.

If you are interested in these animations check out the other three at the YT channel.

Also if you have any technical question about the process don’t hesitate to comment.

• Animation:
  • Screenshots:

• Some insights:

I made use of an animated light to make the shot more dramatic. Also. the helmet animation… yeah… about that…

One of the things I’d do if I had more time is changing the lighting in order to view the gulp more clearly. The final result is in the shadow :frowning:

Ghosts are not animated. Too much work! They just float towards the victim, as good ghosts do.

The ghost that passes in front of the camera is a kerbal engineer. VERY rough animation

Animate for the camera:

Lots of clipping! The keypad input was also animated but it ended up being occluded by the door geometry (You can se the camera with two rocks in the far right)

Remember this is the 4th animation of the channel, go check the others out!
Thank you for your time!
I hope you liked it
Cheers!

30 Likes

Excellent work!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Gracias Bart!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I loved this one!

1 Like

Wow. Love this break down. Glad to see this featured everywhere.

1 Like

Amazing work :ok_hand: :clap:

1 Like

wow what a great work

1 Like

wow! nice work!

Nice work with the animation, sound design and pacing.

One little detail bothers me: I don’t know if it’s the Youtube compression but the skin detail texture does not seem to move as expected with the model. (bit like using object coordinates for a texture which does not follow armature deformations)

Yes, it’s the YouTube compression :frowning:
I have an uncompressed MOV file that doesn’t have that problem

1 Like

Yeaahh Great work!!