Amazing model by CALVIN BASTIAN.
After finishing with the rig I decided to put in motion with this animation.
This is so amazing, character and animations are outstanding
Thank you.
The rig and animation is mine, but the model credit goes to Calvin Bastian. I did have to do some minor changes, but it’s 99% the model at his profile.
Overall the animation is pretty well done, but he did just chip or break every tooth in his mouth.
Swords are a bit heavier then you think and the amount of momentum on that sword while spinning around, etc there is now way you could hold onto it like that, not without biting down really really hard (and even then, unlikely).
A small knife, sure, a full length sword, no way.
I felt I had to give homenage to the character.
When I downloaded the model, I didn’t know he was such an iconic character with his fighting styles. Once I found out who he was and that the 3 sword fight is something unique from him, I thought I should add that to the animation.
That’s pretty much why it’s like in two parts, the first exhibition and then the more cinematic with his unique 3 sword style.
But you are right it will never work in real life.
Great job on the rigging and animations. Can you please share an image of the rig you used.
I had the rig posted, but It turns out that the auto spam filter from blenderartists has temporally hidden the post and is currently awaiting revision from a staff member.
But you can check it at my gumroad. I use the same username.
Thanks, that’s an impressive rig.
I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!


