Animators wanted (for slavery)

ur consept artz is awsome! Teach me how to do this plz!

lol, the forum auto lowers case for all caps >.<

heh, the trick is that there is no spoo… err, trick! :wink:

I just want to add that i am actually about to participate in a little unpaid project myself. There was a nice PDF document with a synopsis and lots of cool drawings in it and they have an animatic too.

Pipeline: Good contra, i was a bit scared of you when reading the first paragraph :smiley:

My favorite:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=401897

That’s just gold, lol.

Nothing wrong with community projects, but participants deserve enough respect that starters make one hell of an effort to approach them. I got the Ninja ad (see sig) going nicely, with a small handful of fantastic people, but it took a lot to get there.I dont.want fewer hopeful projects, just better ones :slight_smile:

Pipeline: Good contra, i was a bit scared of you when reading the first paragraph :smiley:

I am harmless, just an easily triggered wordsmith :slight_smile: And I love the idea. I really do hope to see people post sarcasm like this in the amateur project forum I set up :smiley:

I’ve been participating to several projects and I sadly have to say that each time it ends in the same way, producing nothing.
Each time ther was a scenario or synopsis, some textured models, a website … etc but the lack of motivation of the team members and without a strong leader, it always fails.
So I’ve decided to do my own short by myself and I think it’s far more efficient. I hope to get it finished in a year or so.
When I finish and decide to go for another one, maybe I’ll try to associate with other people, but only with some artits who have achieved their own short and who are aware of all the issues and difficulties of that task.

Watch out! All big productions began with a joke! :stuck_out_tongue: This thread may possibly become a real project :wink:

this thread is classic comedy…maybe this should be the movie idea.

a story about a noob who decided he had this plan to make a movie… goes onto forums and says can someone please give me ideas for movies and help me make em. the noob just sits back and lets them do all the work and he gets all the credits…

Horror, tragedy, or comedy? The only thing it’s not gonna be is action, 'cause nothing ever happens on those projects :wink:

True words spoken.

One of the best films made about a film that never got made:

Hahahahaa… I think I just found my calling, I’ll be an Idea Management Engineer, sounds like a great job. If someone has already assumed that role on this project, I’ll gladly step in as the Idea Management Technician. After all, if an engineer came up with it, there will have to be a technician there to fix it!!

But I don’t know, this one looks even more promising:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203931
At least he gives his real name and an e-mail address… That’s more than Loolarge gave us… He needs a mocaper… Perhaps I could become a Mocaper Idea Management Engineer…

Have to think on this one…
Randy

The “Idea Management Engineer” you’re laughing at is basically a game designer, which is a real job. Someone has to be the art director and ensure that all the different artistic decisions support each other - modeling, lighting, animation, sound, music, menus, special effect etc. The game designer makes sure all the gameplay mechanics support each other, and that’s a lot of work.

For example, in an FPS game, the different classes must be balanced (if classes are good for the game), different weapons should be balanced, the power-ups should be balanced, weapons and powerups should be just as good for all the classes, all the classes should have their own roles but the game should be playable even without a specific class, there are basic level design features that have to be followed (how much vertical space there’s in the levels, how much and what kind of cover is required for players to be able to cross an open area without dying), etc - and all that shouldn’t just work, but also BE FUN. That’s just for an FPS game, and there’s hundreds or thousands of those already. If you want to make a game that’s original, you need someone who can do all that, without having any similar games to look at.

This thread is absolutely awesome :smiley: I really hope you get this project of yours off the ground :slight_smile: I might even post it to Materia 2 production blog (in past i posted something related to this). Oh and put on the “interests” too, on the blog i mean. The website of this … thing, if you ever get it up.

Dude, you’re totally qualified for that position since you at least know the proper job title(s) of an “Idea Management Engineer”.

The pain, four years of hell to make it through engineering school only to find that all manner of stupid jobs have duly pissed on the idea of what engineers are, why not pick on bankers and lawyers nobody likes those guys, I can’t even impress chicks by saying am an engineer. Just “Leave Engineers Alone”

I am not laughing at game designers, I’m laughing at the ‘bogus’ sounding job title used to describe that job. I agree 100% with tyrant monkey, today everyone slaps the word engineer onto their job title to feel important about what they do. Garbage man = Sanitation Engineer, Janitor = Custodial Engineer, and in my work place, dishwashers refer to themselves as China & Silver Sanitation Technicians.

Give me a freaking break! People today are entirely too sensitive, which I guess would be the politically correct term for ‘sissys & crybabies’. I will never buy a used car from a car dealer, I’ll buy a pre-owned vehicle from a car sales consultant…

I know, I know, I may sound like a drill sergeant to some of you…

pretty much sums it up…

Randy

ps Now that I think about it, I’m offended by the title of this thread, specifically the words ‘for slavery’, can’t that be changed to ‘indentured servants’ or ‘unpaid internships’? Hahahahaha :wink: