Announcing Fab, the Next Phase for Sketchfab

Sketchfab is evolving into Epic’s unified marketplace and content hub — meet Fab!

Earlier today at the Game Developers Conference (GDC), Epic Games announced the upcoming launch of Fab, a new marketplace that will give all digital content creators a single destination to discover, share, buy and sell digital assets. Our mission is to inspire and enable the next generation of creators to build the emerging metaverse together. Sketchfab and its community of creators will be integral to the realization of Fab, and we will be joined on Fab by the ArtStation Marketplace, Unreal Engine Marketplace, Quixel, and all of their talented communities. We are dropping the Sketch and going all in on Fab.

Read more on the Sketchfab blog, and on Fab.com.

I’m also proud to announce that my role has expanded into leading the Community Engagement team for Fab, Sketchfab, ArtStation and Quixel. I’m everywhere now :slight_smile:

20 Likes

My congrats, Bart!

Keep going!

2 Likes

Thanks Sergey! Exciting times ahead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to you for making such an expressive and huge platform like this one, so that everyone can share with everybody their own pieces of art :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

Knew it was too good to be kept in the current format for too long. Especially after being sold out to Epic Games, enjoy your main pages filled with sponsored content and the chaos of what is ArtStation marketplace. I and many other 3D artists will be looking at other places to share our models for free

Wait and see :slight_smile: Fab will be based on Sketchfab, and will have the same team behind it. We’re fully committed to making it just as great as Sketchfab, but now with more creators & content.

1 Like

Way to go, @bartv!! Congrats and happy to see your face in even more sites :hugs:

1 Like

Congratulations! :blush::partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on this! Will there be a similar subscription model like the one that exists with Quixel at the moment? I got notification from Quixel that my subscription will not continue next year so was wondering if something similar to it will be available once Fab is launched

Thanks!