:bazaar: Announcing the BlenderNation Bazaar: Search the Blender Community

It’s been at the back of my mind for several years now: the Blender Community has grown to such a size that it’s becoming hard to find that tutorial, 3D model, asset or person that you need to get started on your next Blender project. Almost every day, people will ask me to find them something and, frankly, my memory isn’t that good. :slight_smile:

So, I set out to build the Bazaar: the ‘Yellow Pages’ for the Blender Community, by the Blender Community.

The Bazaar makes it easy to find what you’re looking for without searching on multiple sites and finding outdated information. For example, are you looking for a tutorial on modeling a house, for Blender 3.6? We have that - and more! You can filter by content type, Blender version, price, etc.

The Bazaar also makes it easy for you to get what you made in front of more people. Anytime you publish something Blender-related on another site, you can add it to the Bazaar and we’ll make it easy for others to discover.

Today’s just the first iteration of my idea; I’ll be adding new types of products and other options soon. I’d really appreciate your feedback - you can email me, or find me in the Bazaar support forum on Blender Artists.

Go check it out! If you’re a creator, check our FAQ and apply for an account now to start adding your listings to the Bazaar!

Enjoy!

PS: A big thanks to @joseph for his work on the front-end, and to @Metin_Seven for the logo design. Awesome work, guys!

32 Likes

Great work!!

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for this feature! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Im always find wierd the fact what “Scripts and Addons” section are always contain only addons, and not the scripts.

For me “scripts” are always something which not registered in blender as an addon, but simply some python code which you can be xecuted from text editor (or from addons like PME) and which blender docs called “Custom Scripts”. And most of the time tends to be something more specific and less general (cause something more generic are, probably, already exist as an addon).
While “addon” its something which you need to install.

Hope one day someone make some blender version of scriptspot.com

If you want to be really pedantic, you can use any add-on as a script by copying the .py code into the text editor :wink:

Maybe some day we can make a virtual storefront for this and blendernation in mozilla’s HUBS and maybe even a clone in VR chat and secondline.

it would be neat to sit down with other blender heads and talk shop.

Its not really about pedantic, just kind of, because if its says “scripts” when where the scripts?
Its more about the fact what blendermarket and now those planform are doesnt actually have a section specifically for scripts (“custom scripts” from blender docs terminology).

Yeah it’s not optimal. I’m planning to add a bunch of themes, but I’m not really sure where to draw the line between a script an an add-on.

Checking on the VSE stuff. It seems quite limited. Maybe it could display GitHub add-ons like The Blender Depot does? https://blenderdepot.netlify.app/addons/?search=&page=1&sort=updated

Create a contributor account and you can add whatever you want :wink:

The Bazaar has GitHub add-ons; someone just has to add them

1 Like

Yeah I’d love to have more free stuff on it :+1: I’ll see what I can do to import directly from GitHub, but it’s not at the top of the todo pile right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think in blender docs “scripts” described pretty clearly and simple as:
“In contrast to add-ons, they are typically intended for one-time execution via the [Text Editor]”
So its just some python text which you don’t need to install through preferences.

2 Likes

Thats why I want text files as assets in Blender. Majority of small addons you need to use once or twice in your life, but creators ship them as addons, people have them installed and slow down their Blender. Shipping them as text files saved as assets would be much cleaner. It would also make script sharing in studios easier and more

Bart that’s amazing ! so it’s content that is vetted, in some capacity, by you ? who else ?

Mostly Bart, I help occasionally

1 Like

This is a really good idea. When people ask “where can I find the best tutorials” I’m telling them to go here.

2 Likes

Fantastic idea – thanks for the hard work!

Not sure if it can help, but I have a Twitter list with more than 100 profiles that are Blender related – feel free to browse it and discover more people who share tutorials and other stuff:

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1201467752524980224

1 Like

Thanks Flavio!

I love this! Thank you!

Website is easy to use and beautifully designed as well. I look forward to this being my goto loction to find anything and everything Blender.

2 Likes