Another 3d Manga Character ^^

Can’t see any image in your last post, unfortunately.
By the way, while you fix it, can you please show a wire of the head - lateral view? I’m having big problems with ears in a recent model of mine :-/

PS: there’s not really “cheating” in 3DCG if it gets the work done quick and fast.
(unless you steal someone else’s work, that is)

EDIT: ok, now I see the picture (it's a bit too small however).

Looks ok, but in my opinion there’s a strange contrast between eye realism and mouth detail.
In this kind of style (modern Japanese moe-style) with big eyes usually the nose and the mouth are not much more than hinted. Detailed mouths is for more realistic styles. This is what is usually perceived, at least.

Perhaps a more flat (toon-like) shading and edge lines might help softening this contrast which make yours very atypical (and maybe odd-looking) as a manga-styled character.

Thanks s12a, your help is really valuable. ^^

Sorry for the picture, I am having lots of problem with internet last night, that I used photobucket to upload that one. That one is big though (original size) :D.

Here is the wire

The ear is model as a separate mesh that is later joined with the body. This is similar to Maid-san model approach that I still reference up to now.

About the mouth, I like it as how it is. I just make an option for it to be small though. This is a bit akin to my drawing style that is also not so cute but way comfortable with it.

With the Model is Finish ^^.

Oh now I see, so the ear is a separate piece. Thanks for the picture. I was having nightmares in mine to make it attached and not ruin the head poly flow. Not perfect practice (as in photorealistic models) but it helps I guess.

As for the mouth, more than size in the X axis (roughly) I was really referring to how it protudes (in the Y axis) with lip detail. That is usually very limited in amount in non realistic and semi-realistic manga and anime-style drawings. But if it’s your style then there is not really anything I could say against that.

This is an example I’m making, so you get the idea of what I mean. Note that the mouth is 3D (so it can move and deform, etc). By the way, ears are not supposed to be human-like, but they’re badly modeled here:

@s12a Appreciate it. I understand what you are saying. My fav part was actually the lips :lol: I have been doing the lips a tad bit more detailed compare to normal anime. I have the crease (between lips and nose) seen to both Kanata and Skate but the lips are not as prominent as it is in Miki. ^^ It is not noticeable with lightning.

I hope you understand where I am coming. I am not really into much kawai character. I am more on the Strong girl character.
My last projects is a Skater Girl, an Alice user, now a Punkster and next is an Asian Fighter lol.

Attach ^^ my previous projects for reference.

PS. You using FREESTYLE wow. I want to use it but it keeps crashing on my models. I still don’t know how to set the stuffs there ><.

Attachments

A turnaround first ^^

Next Post the poses ^^

Hope you like it :smiley:

Will send this to the finish Project section BTW ^^.

edit: Blenderartists uploader somehow turns it to a JPG :frowning: sorry for antaliased suppose to be a PNG

here up in photobucket

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/kaisaki1342/MikiTurn.png

The model appears to look better than last time to me, but what’s up with those aliased edges?

Just want to bump ^^.
Thank you s12a for your help :).
And thanks for the Freestyle >< guide gotta use it for next model :smiley: