Another Origional Cloud Strife

I always wanted to try modelding him, because I thought that I actually could do it. (I’m am not super experienced yet)

In case you didn’t see any other cloud model in the blenderartists forums, this is what he looks like, and next to it is what mine looks like. I dont have the eyes on yet, but I am working on it. I tried subsurfing him, only to find out that he looks like a woman when I do that, so I left him how he was.

Attachments

from the screen shots it looks like a retro game moddle, the arms and legs appear to be separate from the body, unless you are trying to make a retro game, it should be 1 unbroken mesh. currently its abit to lo ploy;).

i recomend you reed these tuts:)
a better face tut
pics on page 18;)

Introduction_to_Character_Animation

I’m guessing you never played Final Fantasy VII. It’s a game for the Playstation and thats what the playable character models looked like. I’m assuming he’s going for accuracy with the original models which is why it’s so low poly.

So far it’s looking pretty accurate. The boots could use alil more attention. Right now they are looking like lego pieces ^_^. I always wanted to do a couple of these models myself just to play around with in animations. :slight_smile:

The boots could use alil more attention. Right now they are looking like lego pieces :slight_smile:

Yeah I kinda’ thought that to:), but I am just not quite sure what to do about them. How should I go about putting the eyes on? I thought I knew what I was going to do, but after trying it realize that I am not quite sure what to do. I have bmp of his eyes, and I WAS just going to make a material with a texture of an image of the eyes, but I don’t really know what to do to make the eyes in the right place. I would just use UV mapping but I never really understood how to unwrap meshes, like where to mark the seems. Help here would be great. Thanks.