anti aliasing in the gameengine?

yeah, but I was thinking. could you activate the AA feature for architectures puroses? (walktroughs etc).

Jagged edges in a walktrough… ain’t that good you know?

Jacco;

Read up dude. I can’t because it would require a massive rewrite of the graphics pipeline. Ogre integration (has AA support I believe) would be finished before me.

yeah, I read that.

Jacco;

The best thing is to wait until ogre integration is finished, which will be about 4 months at the rate Snailrose is going. It could be less, but 4 months is actualy pretty fast for something of this size.

I honestly can’t wait to get ogre integrated. I was just wondering, will it actualy solve the AA problem?
I am brosing the ogre site since I posted the first time… but I can’t find it…

*edit: I found “features” but it doesn’t sy AA anywhere…

Jacco;

PS: I think you are doing a realy good job!

I think it is in there cause when I download the game demos and when I started it up the first screan gave you a choice to set the settings and AA is in there so yeah

[edit]not 800-1100 fps (problably needed to reboot or didn`t see point)
constant 60 fps
59 fps with 4x AA
59 fps with 8x AA
59 fps with 16x AA

[water simulation demo]

more like 80-110

I know this topic is old, but this shows for how long there has been a request for AA in the game engine. I completely agree that for architectural walkthroughs this is a must-have. No matter how much the engine slows down, the choice should be yours to enable it or not, and gpus have advanced meanwhile a lot… Has there been any recent development in blender game engine since 2006 which makes it possible to enable AA? Will it come in 2.5 or 2.6?

(and please don’t talk of activating AA via hardware control panel)

Try to ask martinish, he is doing some nice GLSL filter stuff in GE :).

There’s no major break-through with the game-engine for 2.5, as far as I can tell it’s just a port over. Although there’s some GSoC projects working on it.

There is a means for doing anti-aliasing through shaders, http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=26 . it’s in reference to deferred rendering in this case.

magicjonsn, it is not considered proper etiquette to dig up a 4+ year old thread for the purposes of making a point. Please in the future begin a new thread and simply post a link to the old thread while making your point.

Also, please be aware that Moguri has implemented anti-aliasing in experimental testing versions of Blender 2.5, but he has received disparagingly little response from the community. If you (and others) really do want to see anti-aliasing support for games added to Blender’s trunk, please download Moguri’s testing build, test it, and report your success or problems. I believe you will need Python 3.1 installed on your system, and you should run the blenderplayer.exe from the command console in order to properly be able to read any error output.

Moguri’s thread is here: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=181459
Moguri’s test build (Win32) can be found here: http://graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=1308