Any Creative ideas for a First Person Shooter game ?

i am looking for some creative ideas for an FPS game. I am bored making FPS that looks like the typical COD,BF,MOH type of game…any new gameplay mechanics for FPS…i loved HAWKEN by the way that broke some of the FPS rules :smiley:

FPS = The player is constantly looking along the barrel of a gun and shoots at things. I do not see how an FPS can be more creative than that.

I forgot sometimes you can open doors rather then shooting at them down or trigger a dialog sequence rather then killing the other… suddenly it turns into a “action adventure” not an FPS :evilgrin:.

Yes, I do play them too. But what do you expect from a shooter other than shooting? Maybe shooting with eye-candy effects?

Force lift and throw objects, including enemies,

that is always fun

(activate a ray cast script that gets the “Target” name and then applies forces)
like follow a 3d cursor or just plain push away and pull to,

Another neat one would be a gun that knocks the gun from a adversaries hands,

You are a grey little alien. You start at a crashsite in a cornfield with an old barn and farmers house nearby, and up the hill you see the military jeeps coming with headlights in the night. Don’t let them catch you, dead or alive!

In my opinion, all of the FPS games don’t/can’t have creativity and they’re all similar. Plus there are literally tons of them out there. Make something new!

How about fps… Man from Atlantis, underwater theme. Sabo ships & subs, clearing mines, killing sharks, riding dolphin, etc.

I think that to give your fps a different feel you could add things that aren’t usually there for example metro last light used the mud building up on the mask which the player had to wipe off. Adding extra things for the player to do with more controls and animations makes the experience a lot cooler, plus it gives the user a variety of ways to go about a situation. Again for example if you added a forward roll ability or a super-human power that allowed you to launch into the sky and hurl into your enemies like the vigors in bioshock infinite.
Just ideas though hope you find them useful :smiley:

A ‘fps’ where you are the zombie, trying to chase down a lone soldier.

I am agree with sdfgeoff. Maybe …Nazi zombie in space ! :smiley:

How about a graffiti artist? Avoid the police, sneak and tag areas of the level. Bigger art = more risk of being caught. Would be stealth, parkour / freerunning. Multiplayer would be two people in the same level. Most tags wins.

That’s not FPS I assume?

Jackii> well it is a FPS of sorts (First Person Spraypaint :wink: )

Another idea would be an arena shooter similar to GoldenEyes ‘Golden Gun’ mode of one shot kills. This mode was very tense as you had to peek and run- no more bulldozing a level.

AKIRA!

Do the movie AKIRA in all it’s cell shaded gory glory!

MMOFPS.

It’s still not a very populated genre other than PlanetSide.

MMOFPS is an online gaming genre which features a persistent world and a large number of simultaneous players in a first-person shooter fashion.[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] These games provide large-scale, sometimes team-based combat. The addition of persistence in the game world means that these games add elements typically found in RPGs, such as experience points.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] However, MMOFPS games emphasize player skill more than player statistics, as no number of in-game bonuses will compensate for a player’s inability to aim and think tactically.[SUP][10][/SUP]
Neocron is sometimes considered the first MMOFPS,[SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP] most consider it a hybrid of MMORPG and first-person shooter,[SUP][12][/SUP][SUP][13][/SUP] with the later PlanetSide allowing 399 players all to fight together on the same map. Some may consider Zipper’s MAG an MMOFPS as it allows up to 256 players to fight together on the same map.[SUP][14][/SUP] The biggest MMOFPS to date is PlanetSide 2, sequel to the original game. It is able to support up to 2,000 players in a single map, or continent of the game with a max cap of 6,000 players on a single server fighting across different continents.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] The newest MMOFPS is Dust 514. Developed by CCP Games, Dust 514 is a game meant to integrate with the MMO EVE Online, also developed by CCP Games. Dust 514 is currently a working progress for 10 years from now. It was released on May 14, 2013.

https://twitter.com/gameideamachine

Create the story and go from there. Read some sci-fi short stories and get inspired. I’m creating a game loosely based on celtic mythology and gonna sit down with an ‘expert’ in the field to come up with a story and setting. Think slaine 200AD meets Halo

You can always remember that it doesn’t have to be an FPS game, you can do FPRPG, FPRTS, FPSIMULATOR, etc…
Sure you can use the first person point of view in any sort of game and you can still avoid making a shooter game out of it.
Just remove all the generic weapon stuff and see where you can go from there :wink:

turn an Internet conspiracy into a game.

You’re the bullet.
Action and characterization occurs outside your control, but once a shot’s been fired, it’s all up to you to hit the target…or not.

Well, if your looking on the darker side of things–

You could place the player in situations that makes him question his own behavior. For example, when confronted with any problem, most FPS-ers will shoot their way out, because that is generally their only option. But if you add other options, and mask them just enough that the player would have to actively try to find them to use them (which they won’t at first), and them punish them with consequences (maybe emotionally) for their violence to the point where they try to find another solution, and then they DO find them, then they realize all the violence they committed was unnecessary…

Well, it’s an idea, pretty ambitious and pretty vague, maybe unreasonable. But if you pulled it off it’d sure be interesting:evilgrin: