Anya - Original Character Portrait

This is Anya, an original character from a book I’m writing. She is part of a larger ongoing project, where I aim to create portraits for all of the main cast members.

The most challenging part is trying to capture someone from an image inside your brain. For now, I’m pretty happy overall, and I feel like I captured her pretty well, based on how I imagine her, but also her description in my writing.

Her description in [ the 4th draft of ] the book reads as so:

"Running towards them was a woman with waste length jet black hair, which danced around, and twinkled in the sunlight. She wore a black cap, a dark tank top, and dark combat trousers and boots. A black pendant swung loosely around her neck as she picked up her speed, and all but jumped at Kara when close enough…

…She was a couple of years younger than Kara. Her pale skin never quite seemed to catch the sun that shined for most of the year, with the only real hint coming from a light smattering of freckles around her nose, which was small, and came to a point at the tip. Her large eyes were emerald green, sparkling in imitation of the precious gems, framed by a fringe of glossy black hair which clung to her lightly glistening forehead.

All modelling and sculpting done in Blender, with texture work done in Substance. I’m also still using the legacy hair system, because I’m a dinosaur and I don’t like change…

I hope you like her!

Renders:

Clay:

54 Likes

Looks incredibly realistic!

1 Like

That’s some nice work.

1 Like

Thanks so much! :blush:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Lovely. And that’s some fine hair!

2 Likes

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

:partying_face: :partying_face: Thanks!!

1 Like

This is terrific work!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Is she modeled after Dakota Johnson?

1 Like

Nope. I used lots of different references, but she wasn’t one of them.

4 Likes